5.0 out of 5 stars Scratching Genius finally puts out album
Published on 3 Oct 2001 by Rocco (markygras@hotmail.com)

3.0 out of 5 stars I think I'm gettin' older
Too old for scratch DJs at least - it's too broken, too unsettling for me BUT what a great way of finding other grooves. He draws on some seriously cool material which has sent me out on searches for any number of tracks and artists - except for Bing Crosby who I could do without! BUT DJ Yoda would be nothing without the genius of Cymande!
Published on 14 May 2003 by Booksthatmatter

5.0 out of 5 stars Scratching Genius finally puts out album, 3 Oct 2001
This review is from: DJ Yoda's How To Cut & Paste Mix Tape Vol. 1 (Audio CD)
Seen DJ Yoda dj in London on a couple of occassions and he was amazing. So imagine my excitement when I hear he has released an album and believe me he lives up to the hype. This album will make Yoda the UK's number one hip hop scratch dj combining funky tunes with humourous samples - the highlight for me being the intuitive use of the Doctor Who theme tune, pure genius. It also features guest talents of DJ Spinbad and DJ A Trak and also you will never forget the reworking of the Thunderbirds theme tune. "How To Cut & Paste" is bound to be listed as one the best albums this year. Scratching as its best - an inspiration to us all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pop it on you wont be disappointed, 12 April 2003
This review is from: DJ Yoda's How To Cut & Paste Mix Tape Vol. 1 (Audio CD)
I've seen him live and he really knows how to get a room jumping. Whether its dropping in some fat hip hop beats or going all retro with some 80s themes songs. A great CD to stick on if you're having a party or before going out. You woulnt exactly get the thunderbirds and parliament on any other album. A great sense of humour in this record makes it well worth getting.

5.0 out of 5 stars bringing scratch djs to the forefront of contemporary music, 2 Oct 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: DJ Yoda's How To Cut & Paste Mix Tape Vol. 1 (Audio CD)
My life has changed since i got this album.This is not only an inspirational and unique album but an education in the fusion of hip hop and scratch dj-ing. DJ Yoda could possibly be the saviour of British hip hop - funky, funny, witty... this album is genius. All hail DJ Yoda - buy this album now you won't be dissappointed - go on NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars I think I'm gettin' older, 14 May 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Vol 1 or Vol 2 I can't decide - its up to you, 4 Sep 2003
D. Bower "dannybgoode" (Sheffield) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DJ Yoda's How To Cut & Paste Mix Tape Vol. 1 (Audio CD)
I bought Vol 2 first just on the off chance that it was good and boy was it!! I then hunted down Vol 1 and eagerly dashed home to give it spin and I must say I was disappointed.
I listened again and was still not happy, then I played it at a friends house, then at home again and so on. After much listening I now think that Vol 1 just has the edge. Its darker, mor bad boy, more hip-hop. Delta ebonics is a fantastic track as is sesame sex.
Don't get me wrong Vol 2 is fantastic - more humorous, more light hearted, more fun. I think Vol 2 might just have the edge.
Just buy them both and listen to them both - lots. You won't be disappointed.