Format: Audio CD|Change

on 30 May 2005
I don't expect to come across more memorable songs, both for their sound and their lyrics, better produced arrangements or such uplifting singing than on this album. Kasey Chambers is simply the best new artist I've come across in a very long time. Barricades and Brickwalls is a superb selection of upbeat rocking melodies and thoughtful slower, more melancholic songs. The arrangements are so crisp you feel every track is being played live in your front room. The guitar breaks and the drums complement her singing in a way that Nashville simply wouldn't understand.
I haven't seen her play live, but I will.
on 5 June 2004
Yet another brilliant CD from a super fine singer, I have just ordered her latest one Wayward Angel.
I saw her on an ITV channel as a guest appearance a few year back, hunted high and low for her first CD "The Captain" then "Barricades & Brickwalls".
She has a really nice voice, I find her music easy listening and helps to pass many a mile with her style :-)
on 29 March 2002
After the astounding debut of "The Captain", I expected a lot from this and was not disappointed. From the opening title track, followed by the moving "Not Pretty Enough", every track is a winner. My particular favourite is "Nullarbar Song", so evocative and moving. Fabulous voice. Hope she comes to the UK soon!
on 4 June 2012
An absolute gem, and do not miss the beutiful protest song 5.30 min into track 13. This song (entitled Ignorance) can be downloaded on its own (I have not checked yet whether or nor that is the same arrangement as one the album; hpefully it is).
Brilliant!
on 16 June 2005
First listened to Kaseys latest album Wayward Angel and had to buy her previous CDs. Totally bowled over with Wayward Angel and this one is no exception, absolutely brilliant; expecting The Captain to come shortly. Hopefully she will start to get the recognition she truly deserves.
on 31 May 2015
Really enjoyed this album. Nullabor Song is outstanding - one of the most beautiful, heartfelt songs I have ever heard. One or two of the tracks are a bit too country for my personal taste but overall an excellent album from an outstanding artiste.
on 14 May 2003
Normally, apart from the Hoodoo Gurus early albums, I view most things Australian with trepidation and oftentimes contempt. This album had me writing a formal letter of apology to the Australians for my unfounded beliefs. It's awesome. Country and pop mashed together to form a beautiful union that results in this album. Not struck on the first and title track but the rest of it blows you away. Chambers' voice has a girly tone that isn't sexy but serious and experienced. I just had to laugh and love the honky tonk nod in the Hank Williams direction. If you like alt. country and female vocals then you cant go wrong with this album.- buy it!!!
on 17 October 2015
Brilliant!
on 4 October 2015
service good delivered promptly very satisfied
on 10 May 2002
At the start of the CD I thought it might be too "samey" but as you listen through it,there's a great range of songs - old country style, new country, and simply good - and some variety in the production. "On a Bad Day", "Nullarbor Song" and "I Still Pray" are stand-outs, I think.