5.0 out of 5 stars verdict on expansion team
Well, what can I say? this album is amazing. almost every track is full of massive flowing beats and lyrics that demand you to turn your volume up and up. This is probably my favourite album I have at the moment and I recommend any real hip-hop fan should buy it.
Published on 20 May 2003 by Scotty B.

2.0 out of 5 stars I tried SO hard
Aaaaah - what can I say...
I tried SO hard to like this album, I really did. Individual songs, heard seperately can be stunning (Heavy Rotation, Worst Comes To Worst, Live On Stage etc.). I don't know what it is about these guys though - I just can't ever seem to listen to an entire album!!
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this is a...
Published on 15 Nov 2005 by Mr. L. D. T. Sheppard

5.0 out of 5 stars verdict on expansion team, 20 May 2003
Scotty B. (Stoke-onTrent, Staffordshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Expansion Team (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dj babu, Evidence and rakaa iris science, hit back!, 24 Sep 2002
This review is from: Expansion Team [VINYL] (Vinyl)
This is one of the best album ive ever heard in my life,it includes amazing tracks such as: "worst comes to worst" and "heavy rotation" (feat.tha-liks)including big name producers in hip-hop such as the alchemist and Gangstarr's other part, Dj premier, its definetely a must have for any real hip-hop fan or producer and if any of you guys are already a fan of the peoples i suggest that you check out dj babu's projects with the beat junkies or his new album "Duck season Vol.1" peace, B.I.G - B

4.0 out of 5 stars Smooth beats, fresh rhymes, still Dilated Peoples style!!!!, 8 Jan 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Expansion Team (Audio CD)
Although weaker than dilated's debut album, this one has everything. Clever and fresh rhymes, amazin turntabalism (thanks to the legand DJ babbu) and a huge variety in style.I have been a huge fan of dilated ever since i listened to a few of their tracks on thier debut album 'The Platform'. I think their first album was alot more solid than their new one, However this is a must for any Hip-hop fan who enjoys orginal beats, meaningful lyrics and outstanding cuts.
Take my advice, BUY THIS ALBUM YOU WONT REGRET IT!!

2.0 out of 5 stars I tried SO hard, 15 Nov 2005
Mr. L. D. T. Sheppard "surf9er" (Bournemouth, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Expansion Team (Audio CD)
Aaaaah - what can I say...
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this is a bad album at all. What I am saying is that, in my opinion, there are too many very average tracks on here. Many of them just simply don't stand out enough to catch my attention - it easily fades into background music when you leave it on the stereo, it's not that they're bad, but when I listen to an album for the first time, I like it to MAKE me sit up and listen!!!
It's a shame, because it seems that there are always 3 or 4 of these stunning tracks on each album, but there's just too much filler!! They have the potential and ability occasionally to be BRILLIANT. By all means, buy this album - it's worth it for the stand-out tracks but you might be disappointed with the overall product. Hope this has helped.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 19 April 2008
Mr. A. M. Vernon "alverno" (Exeter, Devon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Expansion Team (Audio CD)
Bought this on the after listening to their single on the radio and didnt expect much. But I have to say its one of my favourite CDs. I have introduced this many people I know, even my sister who's fave song is "Barbie Girl" bought this. The best songs are -

Live on Stage
Worst comes worst
Clockwork
Heavy Rotation
Self Defence

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok thats it, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: Expansion Team (Audio CD)
i expected more from them but i could only find 2 tunes that i can listen to the rest is let me talk about myself

5.0 out of 5 stars Dilated do it again, 15 Jun 2003
Mr. J. J. Niland (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Expansion Team (Audio CD)
Once again, the Dilated Peoples have come out of the left-field of hip-hop and delivered a classic piece of music. The standard is set high with the first track "Live On Stage". The standard is rarely lowered after that. "Worst Comes to Worst" is a rather slow affair, but still hits home. However, the middle of the album is where the Dilated Peoples really hit home, and help to buil up big expectations for theor third album which should be dropping at the end of this year. Basically, "Self Defense" is one of my all-time favourite hip-hop tracks. The violins combined with the big, deep beats create an experience rarely heard on hip-hop tracks. I would buy this album just for this one track.
Overall, this is a fantastic album. It contains some brilliant, loud hip-hop anthems, and at the same time delivers some rather more chilled tunes. A definate must for every hip-hop fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars A HIP HOP MASTERPIECE..., 27 May 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Expansion Team (Audio CD)
I bought this C.D when it first came out and its still in my C.D player. Its just one of those amazing albums that you can listen to right the way through, without skipping tracks. I consider the style as proper hip-hop and the 'peoples' noticeable sound of big beats and jazzy tunes, mixed with amazing lyrical skills from Iriscience and Evidence stays through the album with no flawed song. Theres also great scratching from beat junkie, 'Dj Babu', and appearances from Defari, J-Rocc, Melo-D and Tha Liks. Wether you're a true hip-hop fan, or a newcomer to hip-hop, I sincerely recommend this album, its just pure skills.

4.0 out of 5 stars dilated do it again!, 4 Jan 2002
This review is from: Expansion Team (Audio CD)
the california rappers return after a year since theur debute album(the platform).
the album featured production by-the alchmist, dj babu and others.
this is the best album that reased in the "undergroend" in 2001.
the style of the album is hardcore rap & the album sound great. the album also featured the single-"worst comes to worst" and other tight tracks like- live on stage, clock work,pay attention...
this album is worth to buy, and one of the best album that come out in the end of the year 2001.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dilated peoples, 15 Feb 2005
This review is from: Expansion Team (Audio CD)
if you are a hip hop fan i recomend you buy this album because it is quality and it is worth your money.it has powerful lyrics and big beats that make you want to rap to it.i would say my favourite track on the album is clockwork.i never get bored of listening to this album.this is dilated peoples at there best.proper hip hop i think.

Expansion Team
Expansion Team by Dilated Peoples (Audio CD - 2001)