Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 January 2004
I bought this album because I'd bought all the Outkast albums and I wasnted some more. Cee-Lo is a lot like Outkast but he definitely has his own style. There are some really outstanding songs here. "Great Pretender", "One For The Road", "Bad Mutha" and especially "Country Love" are probably my favourite tracks. If I had to compare this to something I'd probably say "The Love Below" disc from Outkast's last album but it is probably a lot more varied. That's the only problem, actually. Sometimes the music can be a little too original and this makes the album quite incosistent with one or two poor tracks.
On the whole though, this is a superb album. Cee-Lo is an incredibly talented rapper. His flow on "One For The Road" is outstanding. When his beats hit they can be amazing too. This man is no one trick pony.
I'd definitely recommend this to anyone wanting to try something new.
VINE VOICEon 29 May 2002
Dont let this 1 pass u by. For all u peoples that love ur OutKast, Dungeon Family, Goodie Mob then u need this. Cee-Lo the Man from Goodie Mob shows his skills as a wicked musical lyrical genius wid a unique singing style. Im hooked. U can feel this CD in its deep down yet laid back vibe. This is Definatly the D'Angelos Voo Doo of Hip Hop. U like it or leave it alone. This is amazing, no time for that commercail stuff this is the fusion of Funk,HipHop,Soul music at its best. Listen 2 it first. But dont let it pass u by, its music u need!
on 21 March 2015