5.0 out of 5 stars Above the rainbow!, 25 Nov 2001
This review is from: Rainbow: Zip-Up Zippy [DVD] (DVD)
When I found Rainbow on DVD available on your web-site I couldn't help but order it.
Like many others, I had spent many a day when I was a kid laughing along at the antics on the show and 20 years later on they are still as funny if not more so! Geoffrey is still as entertaining, George as silly, Bungle as grumpy as Zippy as fantastic as ever.Put all of these different personalities and you are guarenteed a giggle aren't you?
The best part of this DVD has got to be the part named ''Social Behavior'. In true Rainbow style, Zippy can't sleep so he decides to play some loud music and you guessed it, wakes the other three up which does very little for his popularity and obtains him a stern telling off from Bungle (most amusing)! Also featured to help you remember the good old days are Rod, Jane & Freedy who make an appearance at the end of the video to sing a song and cheer Zippy up when he gets struck down with measles.
My husband was less than impressed when he saw my new 'Rainbow' purchase but within 10 minutes of the DVD being on, was seen quite evidently chuckling away in the corner.
You will be glued to this video from start to finish. I will probably have to buy another one soon as it will be worn out at this rate, I can't advise you to buy it enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring Back Zippy, 22 Nov 2001
K. Mather (Gateshead, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rainbow: Zip-Up Zippy [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Zip Up Zippy is a great reminder of the good old days of Rainbow. I had forgotten how rude and arrogant he could be. The episode: "Neglected and Rejected" had me crying with laughter as he tried to compose a song for a talent competition. He has a somewhat over-inflated idea of his musical abilities. I also enjoyed seeing Zippy suffering with measles(aren't I heartless) and his immortal line: "Crumbs, Crumbs, CRUMBS" in the episode where he plays detective still has me chuckling. Happily George, Bungle and Geoffrey don't actually resort to zipping up Zippy in this one and a half hour video as he's just too good to hush up.
Buy it and relive the golden rainbow days of your childhood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zipping good fun!, 10 Mar 2009
This review is from: Rainbow: Zip-Up Zippy [DVD] (DVD)
Love it or loathe it Rainbow is a national institution and an iconic piece of British TV history. The deranged zip-mouthed creature (Zippy), the dippy and gullible hippo (George), the insanely camp bear (Bungle) and their human `friend' Geoffrey all return for another collection of episodes - this time all centring on the motor-mouthed puppet. With highly camp song and dance trio Rod, Jane and Freddy doing their bit, plus a sprinkling of guests, this is another timeless kids' classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars the legend of ZIPPY, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: Rainbow: Zip-Up Zippy [DVD] (DVD)
Zippy is one bad dude, but even after 30 years he still makes me smile, hes rude, gobby and self centered but we all love ZIPRAGUE.
Legend

5.0 out of 5 stars Zip Up Zippy, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Rainbow: Zip-Up Zippy [DVD] (DVD)
Hilarious fun, both my husband & I enjoy watching these really funny episodes of Rainbow.

Speedy delivery too.

Thank you.

Tracey Ann Mitchell

4.0 out of 5 stars Everyone loves Zippy !!!, 16 Oct 2013
This review is from: Rainbow: Zip-Up Zippy [DVD] (DVD)
My 8 year old really loves Rainbow and it takes me back to my childhood. My only gripe is the quality of the picture as we are so used to HD now all the old programmes look really grainy - having said that really happy with the DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 2 Sep 2013
This review is from: Rainbow: Zip-Up Zippy [DVD] (DVD)
Was there ever a bad rainbow episode ??......................Ohhhh Zippy !!! Bought this for a friends kid but really for myself. haha

5.0 out of 5 stars Rainbow still going strong!!, 24 Aug 2009
This review is from: Rainbow: Zip-Up Zippy [DVD] (DVD)
My daughter just happened to watch an old VHS version of an episode of Rainbow at school one rainy playtime and was completely hooked. So I bought her this and the 30th Anniversary DVDs from Amazon - she hasn't stopped watching them since, asking for Zippy on every single day! I remember it first time around and thought that there wouldn't be enough in it to keep a modern child entertained but how wrong I was, its still completely watchable and entertaining as ever - brilliant stuff!!

Rainbow: Zip-Up Zippy [VHS]
Rainbow: Zip-Up Zippy [VHS] by Rainbow (VHS Tape - 2001)
Used & New from: 10.99