Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 October 2001
If you like a good melody , some beautifully crafted tunes , a meaningful lyric and the voices of Jeff Buckley and Mike Scott (Waterboys) then you gotta have this one! The 'orchestration' is masterful too. One of the best albums I've bought in 2001.
on 19 October 2001
it's official, the north west are making quality music again, Starsailor are one of the latest northern guitar bands to finally make it through the jungle of endless weak dance and pop acts. Indie bands, (unfortunately ), come and go but hopefully these guys will hang around for a bit longer than usual.
I must admit, while anxiously awaiting the release of Starsailor's debut album, I wasn't expecting a high tempo effort. I got exactly what I expected, a mellodic, calm, beautifully crafted album with meaningful lyrics, eerie piano and an altogether good feel. This album is definately one to chill to, but it does have the odd, beered up, sing along and feel really good to, type tunes here and there. I really enjoy listening to the album because after a proper hectic day, it helps to unwind, and after the pub, everyone who comes back to your pad will enjoy carrying on the party to it. It can act as the sound track to many different scenario's.
However, I reckon that the album is not as good as their follow up album will be. Starsailor, I reckon, will grow and mature into something truly brilliant.If you like these, you might like Doves' Lost Souls album, Elbow's debut album and Turin Brakes' the optimist lp, try 'em, you might like 'em. Rick
on 15 October 2001
Don't be put off if you found the singles (especially Fever) a bit overwrought - I nearly was, but I'm very glad I took the risk. Tie Up My Hands is not the most accessible opener, but then it just gets better and better: Poor Misguided Fool, Lullaby, and Way to Fall are all of constantly re-playable quality. The latter in particular is the song that could do for Starsailor what 'Trouble' did for Coldplay or 'The Drugs Don't Work' for The Verve - it's that good.
Complaints? The third quarter loses the tunes a bit. And there's a silly 'hidden' bit of humming and laughing ten minutes after the supposed end. When will bands tire of this nonsense?
But then you have Good Souls and the lovely Coming Down. This album could be Britain's new soundtrack, Starsailor's 'The Man Who' or 'Parachutes'. You will want this one.
on 9 October 2001
Forget the chilled out moods of bands like Coldplay and Travis. This year is the start of something really special..... Four good looking guys from Wigan have produced something of an epic album, which will not be surpressed this year or next!!!
From the opening track to the end song "Comming down" this truly is a masterpiece of emotional heartbreak and sorrow. Not many bands can produce such a sad album, and this is the best of the best.
Every track on the album is a stand out one- from the mellowdramatic bliss of Lullaby to the ear crushing chorus of Good Souls. Every song is special in its own way.
The perfect album for breakups with lovers etc. Stop feeling down, one listen and the mellowed mood with lift you straight up...
A truly special epic album.
on 6 October 2012
Released when the Blair government was at its peak - and it was dangerous to whistle the tune Alcoholic - Love Is Here is a warm bask in a neverending sun.

The vocals are outstanding and the musicianship simply sublime. Clear, heartfelt lyrics.
on 21 November 2001
I'm in spain at the moment and this album just reminds me of the true British indie sound. Alcoholic is a great song-his voice is amazing on this track. But the surprise of the alubum is She just wept which is breath-taking! I could listen to this song forever. However, all the songs are brillaint and they are catchy as well. After listening to the album once you couldn't stop me singing along. James Walsh's voice is pure emotion and so amazingly fantastic. There arent enough adjective to describe this album-just buy it and you'll see!
on 25 April 2002
I was curious so I bought this album on a bit of a whim. Immediately I realised I was about to listen to one of the greatest albums ever released. I am of an age(40 ish) meaning I have heard many acts over decades and I believe I have heard genius in this album. I have played it over and over and cannot wait for more. Brilliant, different, refreshing and intelligent....give me more!!!
on 22 November 2005
...i knew this band because of their hit 'alcoholic'. to be honest, i weasnt that keen at the start.
However, about 2years after i first became aware of Starsailor's existence, i stumbled across this album; and was so surprised that i actually loved it.
poor misguided fool, fever, acutuallt all the tracks here are amazing; this is an album of classic tunes......well worth having in your collection.....
VINE VOICEon 18 August 2003
Once in a while a band comes along that you really connect with. Starsailor are one such band for me. 'Love Is Here' is a marvellous album dripping with classy songs. If I had to pick out any stand out tracks they would be 'Tie Up My Hands', 'Good Souls' and 'Coming Down', but in truth they are all very good.
After hearing this CD, I caught them at the Isle of Wight festival where the absolutely stole the show. Buy.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 12 October 2015
One of the best debut albums of all time. This is a beautifully crafted album of songs that get into the system. After a few plays you can't help but fall in love with the music and the instantly memorable hooks and lyrics. James Walsh has an outstanding voice and in their day many of these songs showed an originality that stood the band apart from many others. Fourteen years after its release they still charm and don't sound dated at all. Starsailor are back playing live and they are as tight and relevant as ever. Of their four albums this is arguably the best and also acts as an excellent introduction to the band with classics like "Poor MIsguided Fool," "Alcoholic" and "Lullaby" and of course the classic "Good Souls."