Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£12.98+ £1.26 shipping

on 9 April 2003
I've looked high and low for this album in the shops without actualy knowing YOU CAN'T GET IT HERE. I had to import the damn thing and was taken away by it all. As soon as the album starts you're drawn in!...It's like a mixture of the melodic sound of Iron Maiden, Lyrical content of Green Day, Sense of friendship of [spunge] but packing far more balls than them all put together thrown together in such a way that you really wont be able to stop yourself pressing play again. A must have!
on 17 February 2004
Well, after purchasing Taproot and Godsmack on here, I saw that 'Other customers who brought this item also brought:' and I saw the name Breaking Point. Now... I'm always one for listening to new stuff with an open mind, in the hope of discovering that new, wonderful band that I should start to follow. Here's where I turn into Simon Cowell.
I listened to the album and... yeah. It just seemed very average. There wasn't any real material that made me want to sit up and listen to each song in depth, it just seemed way too manufactured to me.
Yeah, I've read the other reviews, and I can't seem to work out whether these people are calling is great because they genuinely like it (if you do... good on ya, it's just not my cup of tea), or whether 'Oh look, it has a guitar in it, it must be cool'. If you're the latter, shame on you !
I tried to like it - I promise! I listened to the album on repeat hoping that I'd hear something what would change my mind - alas, it didn't happen. The riffs just seemed all too similar throughout, and the lyrics seemed weak and just shoved in because it rhymed. It came to a point where one song merged into another. And yes, I took it off.
As I said, good for you if you like it - although to people who have listened to guitar Gods such as Santana and Via, and had the lyrics of bands such as Incubus and A Perfect Circle grace their ears, this album probably isn't right for you either.
on 14 November 2001
If there is one thing that can be said about Breaking Point, it is the fact that these songs are not empty, vapid fluff, but rock songs that offer the rock and soul of Memphis with lyrics that address real thoughts and emotions. From "Coming of Age" to "27," and "Phoenix" to "Live For Today," Breaking Point have delivered a record full of passionately fueled riffs and truly relevant lyrics that will capture an audience far wider than the success they've found in Memphis. Jordan & Lee- England