on 6 January 2011
About 20 or 30 years ago the BBC transmitted versions of some silent films, including this one and the Barrymore Jeckyll and Hyde. I remember enjoying them because great care had been taken to present them as well as possible. They had manually tinted pictures (yellowish for daylight scenes, blue for night) and suitable background music. I haven't seen any versions like those available on DVD. This silent film has decent picture quality but it's spoiled by a completely inappropriate soundtrack of repetitive music that doesn't fit the image at all. I advise watching it with the sound turned off.
on 5 June 2009
I love movies of the silent era, the old nostalgic Hollywood atmosphere, and watching this movie, I can see why all the women were so crazy about Valentino back in the 20's! This DVD version is remastered in a really great quality, considering the original is 87 years old. I love the way the music is conducted, the way it underlines the mood and drama in each scene, it couldn't be better!
on 17 August 2014
Nite Naldi was very obsessed with with her big breast...
on 11 March 2015