on 10 February 2002
I'm a HUGE fan of Bukem, Conrad and the whole of the GLO Crew. I own all the previous Progression Session CD's including the infamous Prog Sesh 4, which you cant get anywhere apart from the GLO website, although I was looking forward to getting my hands on this live instalment far more than the others. The reason being is is that i'm a regular at Prog Sesh nights in London (The End) and wanted a CD that completely captured the essence of these nights. Oh My God, I was not disapointed. It contains tunes that I've been hearing at The End for months, from my favourite producers including Nookies fantastic 'Continental Drift' & the mind blowing tune 'Natural Experience' which are both reprasented on his superb debut album 'In@thedeepend'.
The vocals from Conrad are superiour to any Mcing display I've heard in my life, he sings with such passion, energy and preicse quality, that you find yourself drifting through his lyrics understanding the point he's point he's putting across. Track 9 'Energetic Poetry' by Conrad from Logical Progression 4, Is the highlight of the album for me. Conrad rips it up with a full 5 mins of continuous Mcing that is excentuated by Bukem's renound cross fader action.
There is no doubt that this CD should be included in everyones CD collection, whether ur a fan of Drum & Bass or not, U will love this CD!!!!!
Check it out, Check it out!!!!
on 22 October 2001
Just listening to the opening track of this new Progression Sessions collection had me hooked and has been the only CD to knock Progression Sessions 3 off the top of my list. Outstanding stuff!! The fact that it was recorded live only adds to the enjoyment and it doesn't take long before you imagine being right there in the crowd. I know this is going to be in the player in my car for a very long time.
on 1 November 2001
From start to finish this cd brings you straight into the intelegent drum and bass vibe. Bukem on the decks precise as ever, Conrad on the mike', expressing soul, feeling and emotion into the heads of everyone that listens. You'll wish it never ends....
on 22 June 2012
I really like this mix. I guess the whole Progression Sessions series has a formula and all the mixes therefore follow a bit of a trend, which could be labelled "boring". However, if you like the sounds Bukem plays, this will not disappoint you and Conrad is in excellent form complementing the beats with his lyrical flow and taking you there as best he can, without you being there! The best thing about Progression Sessions for me is the fact you get the live mix and the studio mix so if you are not into trying to relive club nights (with emcee hyping you) you can listen at your leisure. This is well worth getting.
on 13 May 2012
I had this album when it first come out and loved it. However i lost it amongst others when i moved house. Managed to track it down on amazon and still love it and the price even more.
Great progressive drum n bass and both bukem and conrad are to be part of reviving the original warehouse rave that is dreamscape in a few weeks! This is quite a rare album so dont miss out, buy it while you still can! Look forward to seeing you oldskool ravers at dreamscape get smashed part 2 :-)
on 16 April 2008
If you are a fan of atmospheric drum and bass, Bukem and Conrad (and DRS in the early days) are the originators of the sound. I have had the pleasure of attending a number of progression sessions in Chicago, at the Metro, Smart Bar and Subterranean. I strongly suggest Live in Germany (2004). But better yet, get out and see the crew for the real experience. You will remember it for a long time (if you can hear anything after, but that ispart of the experience).