5.0 out of 5 stars Does what you want.
What can I say?

It's a rear lens cap for Nikon fit lenses - so it fit over the rear of Nikon fit lenses.

If you want a rear lens cap for your Nikon fit lenses then this is the one to go for.

Published on 3 Jun 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Better, redesigned rear cap is now available....
These clunky old caps have been in use by Nikon for it seems, years. They always work, screw on securely and do their job just fine.

However, Nikon is now supplying as standard the LF-4 rear lens cap with their lenses. Its new, more ergonomic design makes it feel and handle better but right now is more expensive to replace, currently £8.99.

As I only...
Published on 3 Sep 2012 by Tim Kidner

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what you want., 3 Jun 2010
What can I say?

Seriously I bought a 50mm Nikon lens and it came with a nasty, flimsy, white plastic rear cap - I bought a few of these to replace this cap and to keep a couple as spares as I am always losing caps. It is much better than the caps you get on Nikon fit lenses from suppliers such as Tokina and Tamaron.

Well worth the small investment.

4.0 out of 5 stars The best rear lens cap I've ever bought..., 22 May 2009
This review is from: Nikon Lf-1 Rear Lens Cap (Camera)
The Lf-1 is a piece of equipment. It's very hard to find fault with it.
Operation couldn't be simpler - if you're familiar with door knobs, it's a similar principle. I was able to operate it without even reading the instructions (which is a good job because there aren't any).

Ideally, you should have one of these per lens, although you could get away with one less than the number of lenses you have, if you are prepared to keep a lens attached to the camera at all times (which is not as stupid as it might sound.)

Seven quid. You know what I mean? Seven quid for this. For Pete's sake. Why did I spend seven quid on it? You want to know why? -- it's because I just got my first digital SLR and now I'm entertaining fantasies that I'm going to become some kind of National Geographic photographer and saunter off round the world taking pictures of monkeys, mist, brightly dressed african women pounding grain etc and that I'm going to NEED to individually pack my lenses -- all two of em -- into a Billingham camera bag before hopping onto a jumbo jet to Nepal. Only thing is that Billingham camera bags are well expensive so instead I shelled out seven nuggets on a small piece of low grade black plastic with the words Nikon embossed on it. I need my head testing, I swear.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 29 Sep 2011
Andrei Ion (Bruxelles, Belgium) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon Lf-1 Rear Lens Cap (Camera)
does as advertised, fast delivery and good service, excellent value for money compared to buying from a photography store. i recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon back-lens protection cap, 18 Jan 2011
This review is from: Nikon Lf-1 Rear Lens Cap (Camera)
Cap identical to the original, which I lost - very pleased!
GJ

5.0 out of 5 stars The real deal, 29 Jan 2010
M. Ciastko (Londinium) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon Lf-1 Rear Lens Cap (Camera)
What do you want? It's a lens cap. It caps lenses. Does the same job as the one you're replacing...

But, it does it really well. Fit is better than any of my 'compatible' lens caps, and for some reason those only fit in one orientation, this one fits in three, making it much easier to jam on quickly and easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 5 Nov 2013
This review is from: Nikon Lf-1 Rear Lens Cap (Camera)
Great product, very good price, does the job perfectly and secures itself to the back of the lens very tightly. It is highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, 5 Oct 2013
Anthony Kellaway "Kegs" (Portsmouth, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon Lf-1 Rear Lens Cap (Camera)
Arrived quickly well packaged. Fits my Nikor 18-105mm Nikor Lens fine. Like all nikon products over priced for a plastic cap but it does the job well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything You See..., 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: Nikon Lf-1 Rear Lens Cap (Camera)
Not much to say... came fast and no damage. It is exactly what you see... genuine Nixon rear lens cap... and is now on my lens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rear lens cap, 11 Feb 2013
This review is from: Nikon Lf-1 Rear Lens Cap (Camera)
Bought as a spare, just in case having lost one some time back and looks remarkably like an original Nikon, well it does the same..........anyway!

3.0 out of 5 stars Better, redesigned rear cap is now available...., 3 Sep 2012
Tim Kidner "Hucklebrook Hound" (Salisbury, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Nikon Lf-1 Rear Lens Cap (Camera)

As I only gave that one four stars, I had to give this old one less. Three stars equates to 'it's OK', according to Amazon, which ultimately this moulded lump of plastic is!

Nikon Lf-1 Rear Lens Cap