4.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing DVD, but it's still an excellent song!
Published on 8 Jan 2002 by bonhovis

1.0 out of 5 stars Mis-labelled AGAIN
Muse are a horrendous band, I hate Muse. The only reason for me picking this up was for the surround sound DVD-Audio mix of Bliss - and only because Bliss' intro is stolen from a Video Game Tune by Barry Leitch - SNES game Top Gear's theme tune.

Even the back of the packaging states "1 Bliss (DVD Audio)" proving once again the band, or their label,...
Published 14 months ago by Rory F. Joscelyne

4.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing DVD, but it's still an excellent song!, 8 Jan 2002
bonhovis (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bliss [DVD AUDIO] (DVD Audio)
I was happily looking round the shops when I spotted this little gem, and I was thinking yay Muse on DVD!! Finally I can watch them and hear them play! When I got it home and put it in my DVD play I was quite disappointed to find that this not include the Bliss video on it. I would've thought they would've done but obviously they're just wasting space on it! Instead they have the audio track as a sound track for a couple of various features, including the "Making of Bliss video", a lyrics page for the song, and a discography. There's not much else to it. If you haven't got a great sound system on your TV, there's probably not much point in buying the DVD but I think it's still well worth it for the music :) And the making of Bliss is quite interesting. Still one for Muse lovers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bliss: Pure MUSE at their BEST!, 9 Nov 2001
This review is from: Bliss (Audio CD)
Muse have already cemented top place in the grunge indie scene with Origin of Symmetry and Bliss proves another spaced out classic.
With its almost 'classical' start the song layers beautifully only to erupt into a 3-chord mosh pit frenzy (not heard since the days of Nirvana!), leaving the listener begging for more. The good news is the song continues to improve throughout. This is one song that you will listen to time and time again, never failing to leave a smile. Muse have out-done themselves yet again.
Can music get any better?
I think NOT!

5.0 out of 5 stars A completely blissful experience, 9 Aug 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Bliss [CD 1] (Audio CD)
A delectable electronic arpeggio welcomes u to into this beautiful song, before the main guitars come in with nirvana-esque riffery. Unlike many of of muse's rather sinister, dark other singles (New Born was apparently about the semi-fear of the evolution of technology and how in reality it's destroying all humanity), Bliss is a much more positive, youthful track with strangely happy lyrics-'everything about you is so easy to love'. Matt Bellamy's angelic voice never fails to reach new heights with the classical random 'oooohs' that occupy mych of his songs. Overall, a very complete happy happy single

5.0 out of 5 stars Bliss, need i say more?, 27 Dec 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Bliss [CD 1] (Audio CD)
This song truly does live up to its name as its is one of if not the best songs I've ever heard, I cannot Comprehend why this song wasn't A big hit. I think if it was in an advert or a film etc it would be a big hit. When I first heard it I was convinced it would be up there with songs like "Stairway to heaven" "yesterday" and "Imagine" its a truly wonderful piece of modern music, obviously (because of the lyrics and the emotion in the voice of the singer) written by somebody who has been in love before. Both the lyrics and bye the fantastic melody at the beginning and end, This song reminds me of a time when I was in love, its that good both lyrically and musically.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most beautiful songs ever written, 20 Jun 2008
This review is from: Bliss [CD 2] (Audio CD)
Bliss is my all time favourite Muse song. A beautiful song that awakens every sensation.

4.0 out of 5 stars All the Musers, get it and you'll love it!, 29 Feb 2012
This review is from: Bliss [DVD AUDIO] (DVD Audio)
Even though I knew that the actual video for the song isn't on this DVD, I still purchased it to complete my Muse DVD collection. After watching it several times, I wish I had gotten it a long time ago. The doco on the "Making of Bliss" was short but interesting, it's always fun to watch the boys at work and have some fun at the same time. So if you are a fan and hesitating whether to buy this? DON'T WAIT! Just get it, especially if you find one that's reasonably priced. Matt's blood-red hair is worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The title says it all!, 8 Aug 2001
Alexander Dickson (Kirkbymoorside, North Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bliss [CD 1] (Audio CD)
This song deserves it's title, Bliss. It's one of THE greatest songs I've heard! It starts off with a really awesome ballad-like riff that sounds blissful. Then the heavy guitar, wothout changing the mood to the song, enhances the sound and gives it a much fuller sound. And Matt's vocals are the finishing touch to the masterpiece that is Bliss. And the video is even better still! Over all this song could not fault. It truly is Muse's magnum opus.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great muse number, 28 Oct 2003
J. Perkins (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bliss [CD 2] (Audio CD)
This is a great Muse song - special mention must also go to New Born (live), which sounds fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is the best song ever written!!, 2 Aug 2001
This review is from: Bliss [CD 2] (Audio CD)
what a great song..the begining is like a 80s song .and sounds ready to erupt at any second.it does so in a caatchy intricute guitar riff thats so superb . if this doesnt stamp muses name in history nothing will.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hyper Chondriac Music, 26 Nov 2006
K Thomson "K Thomson" (Brading, Isle Of Wight) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bliss [CD 2] (Audio CD)
Bliss is fantastic, the live New Born is terrific, but the slowed down version of soon-to-be single Hyper Music, Hyper Chondriac Music is one of Muse's finest Mirco-cuts. It gives a slowed down, more recognisable version of hit Hyper Music, with lyrics as meaningful as Muse have ever written. It can also be found on the double disc Hullabaloo soundtrack, but I first discovered this little bit of greatness on the Bliss single. A masterpiece to remember Muse by.

Bliss [CD 1]
Bliss [CD 1] by Muse (Audio CD - 2001)