5.0 out of 5 stars The best compilation of Elvis love songs
Published on 1 Mar 2005 by Peter Durward Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars VG
Not a duff track here. Each a classic. Great value and a great starting point to the King! Every song you'd expect to find and the sound is remastered too.
Published on 4 Mar 2012 by D Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars The best compilation of Elvis love songs, 1 Mar 2005
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: 50 Greatest Love Songs (Audio CD)
There have been several compilations of Elvis love songs but I think this is the best. Several of the songs selected are the obvious classics that will be forever associated with Elvis (even if one or two of them were previously recorded by other singers) - these include Are you lonesome tonight, Can't help falling in love, Always on my mind, It's now or never, Love me tender, A fool such as I, The wonder of you and There goes my everything.
There also some classic Elvis songs that aren't always selected for compilations of this type (She's not you, Good luck charm) as well as covers of songs generally associated with other singers, but which Elvis sing superbly. These include Hawaiian wedding song, Spanish eyes, You've lost that loving feeling, Make the world go away, Let it be me, And I love you so, You don't have to say you love me and Unchained melody.
As well as the obvious hits and covers, this album also contains some great songs that are not well known - songs like Thrill of your love and Pocketful of rainbows, which will be new to most buyers of this collection.
This is as near to the perfect compilation of Elvis love songs that you are ever likely to find. Even this isn't absolutely perfect - it features Old Shep, which is a great song (actually one of my favorite Elvis recordings) but it doesn't really belong here even though I know that most people love their dogs. Don't let that put you off - if you want a collection of this type, buy it anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis as he was...., 22 Nov 2006
This review is from: 50 Greatest Love Songs (Audio CD)
Purists may disparage this collection, but we find it is the most often selected for those moments when both easy listinging and only Elvis will do; Now even the kids sing along with daddy's cornball Elvis impersonation.

Included here is a selection of Elvis's early years, cheesy film years, and glam-tacky Vegas years. In all, the complete arc of the man and his voice. Of course we could do without the the horror of the backing vocals of the Jordainaires, but no matter, Elvis shines through.

A great selection of the LOVE songs that Elvis sang that, cheesy or touching, you most want. Since more than a few selections are simultaneously both, get it today.

3.0 out of 5 stars VG, 4 Mar 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely CD, 30 Mar 2014
This review is from: 50 Greatest Love Songs (Audio CD)
I love these songs. Lovely to listen to. CDs were not brand new, which I knew, but are in excellent condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars King of Rock n Roll, 27 July 2013
I chose the top rating because Elvis is the best. All the songs are beautifully presented. Long live the memory of the King.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and relaxing, 8 July 2013
Dalesman (County Durham UK) - See all my reviews
I have been a fan of Elvis ever since he came on the scene back in the fifties. I have over 200 of his tracks on MP3 which I listen to a lot. Some times it is nice to sit back and relax while listening to his gentler hits. This CD fits the bill nicely and although I already had most of the tracks it is nice to have them altogether. A brilliant album..

5.0 out of 5 stars cd, 2 July 2013
This review is from: 50 Greatest Love Songs (Audio CD)
what can i say hes the king and his music is great i love this cd very much and its worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars elvis, 2 Feb 2013
I am a great elvis fan, so I love this, I already had this on cd, so now to have it on my kindle is great

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 7 Jan 2013
I am a fan of Elvis and like all his music this is a good purchase plenty of songs on this cd

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: 50 Greatest Love Songs (Audio CD)
bought this for my partner who's a great elvis fan, he plays it all the time.and also sings a lot.

50 Greatest Love Songs
50 Greatest Love Songs by Elvis Presley (Audio CD - 2001)