5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had a life sized television- - - THE SHOW ROCKS- - -
Published on 23 Aug 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that impressive at all
I bought this DVD because I'd heard such good things about it and I liked her two most recent CDs. I'm afraid this DVD was very disappointing. For one thing, unfortunately, Kylie doesn't have a very strong voice so this kind of ruins it for me - I found it a bit uncomfortable listening to her singing sometimes; she does appear to struggle quite a bit with her own songs...
Published on 31 Mar 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had a life sized television- - - THE SHOW ROCKS- - -, 23 Aug 2001
By A Customer
Kylie is the definition of pure talent and this video proves it. I recently saw the concert live and wow 'speachless'. She is the simply the best performer, she certainly knows how to entertain people Kylie Stylie and as for the live version of 'Kids' on this video- - who needs Robbie, she does a superb version of it without him. There is even a version of I should be so lucky on here, though it is barely recognisable from the cheesey original version, along with 'Better the Devil You Know'I just love it. There are also old favourites like the 80's stock aitken medley, What do I have to do, Shocked, classics such as Confide in me, Put yourself in my place, and who can forget Spinning Around- plus the hotpants are on for this one!!!.
I am not quite sure where Kylie will go from here but she always manages to go one better. Watch this space!!
Gaz

5.0 out of 5 stars Light Years ahead of her time..., 27 Aug 2001
By A Customer
Watch Kylie decend from a huge silver anchor from the top of the stage as she belts out 'Loveboat'. With this in mind, think boats, think tropicana, think style, think chic - and there you have Ms Minogue at her very best. This video is filled with recent hits from her 'Light Years' extravaganza and it also takes you back to her golden oldies. Kylie's voice is terrific, much better than you would actually think. The stage is very intricate and modern. The costumes are very chic (designed by none other than Julien MacDonald). Kylie gives us an insight into her latest project 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head', which is a surefire Number 1. With the elegance of the Royal Family and the Rock Chick effect of Courtney Love, Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Ms Kylie Minogue!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, fun and class all wrapped up in an angel!, 2 Dec 2001
This review is from: Kylie Minogue: Live In Sydney [DVD] (DVD)
Just finished watching this DVD - All I can say is she's brilliant, beautiful and sparkling!!! Kylie shakes her groove thing across the stage with class. Her updated, re-stylized songs from her past are great and her new songs even better.
Now if only they'd put Kylie's videos from the past on DVD.
LOVED IT!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I can only think of one word - WOW!, 8 Nov 2001
This review is from: Kylie Minogue: Live In Sydney [DVD] (DVD)
I was a die hard fan of Kylie back in the late 80's and early 90's. But I lost track of her during the "Impossible Princess" period. When I saw this DVD I couldn't help but buy it. I was already caught by surprise with the "Light Years" album and CGYOOMH single. Kylie was back. And what a way to do it! The concert is great from the very begining to the "good night". Her voice never has been better! The dancers, the back up vocalists, the band, the lights, the sound...
I only miss classix "Got To Be Certain" and "Loco-Motion", but nonetheless is a perfect five-star piece! Greatest moments? The Medley of classic songs, Koocachoo, So Now Goodbye, Better The Devil You Know, Butterfly, Your Disco Needs You.
This DVD is a definitive MUST!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kylie at her best!, 9 Aug 2004
This review is from: Kylie Minogue: Live In Sydney [DVD] (DVD)
When I initally got this DVD, I thought it'd be OK just another 1 to add to my collection!
My God Kylie Minogue is absolutley spell binding in her flawless performance! She is sexy without wearing anything skimpy, elegant and graceful yet not posh! She is perfect!
She talks to the audience like individuals which is unusual but executed perfectly!
BUY IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars What Absolute Talent!..it has to be Kylie!!, 20 Oct 2001
WOW< is what i thought when i saw this video. I have been a Kylie fan forever and this video has vecome a valuable part of my Kylie collection! In this video she looks fantastic, the songs are fantastic, the dancing is fantastic and her voice is absolutely fantastic, it proves that she can sound great singing live! Overall this is a good show and is not to be missed! Along with her "oldies" she performs some new stuff from Light Years and from Fever, and a song called Butterfly which I havent heard before. The old songs are sung differently and sound as great today as they did before! After watching this I am desperate to see Kylie live for myself!!!!, get this video and Im sure you wont regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant !!!!, 12 Nov 2001
This review is from: Kylie Minogue: Live In Sydney [DVD] (DVD)
This is Kylie at her very best, the music, the dancing, the whole set was fab. This DVD includes a great selection of songs, old and new, it also features great backstage footage. A must for all Kylie fans. BUY IT!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Glamour Our Pop Princess Had It In Her (didn't we know?), 1 Nov 2001
J. N. Valente "jnscav" (Evora, Portugal) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Kylie Minogue: Live In Sydney [DVD] (DVD)
From the alomost lullaby 'Loveboat' to the pop fantastic 'Put Your Hand In My Heart' going on to a moving rendering of 'I Should Be So Lucky' and a super energized 'Your Disco Needs You'
Even the recent chart toppers 'Spinning Around' and 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head' make a superb showup! Flawless Concert, loads of extra stuff and brilliant concert! Viva Sydney! Kudos to the dancers, the background vocals and all the backstage crew!

5.0 out of 5 stars How it's supposed to be, 25 Nov 2002
This review is from: Kylie Minogue: Live In Sydney [DVD] (DVD)
This concert is simply fabulous! Kylie is amazing, singing live - of course. Presented in 16:9 wide screen, the picture is very good. The sound is good in stereo, the Dolby 5.1 track is better and the DTS track is superb. This is how to put a concert on DVD - others take note. Also included is a neat feature where you can see what is going on back stage at some points during the concert. If you only buy one Kylie concert DVD, get this one, it puts the others (two others available at the time of writing) to shame.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Purchase!, 14 Oct 2001
This review is from: Kylie Minogue: Live In Sydney [DVD] (DVD)
I'm not a Kylie fan, or at least I wasn't till I bought this DVD after seeing her on TV last weekend. Having watched this DVD in it entirety four times in the last thirty-six hours I'd say I'd been converted. :-)
Kylie "Live in Sydney" captures perfectly the excitement and raw energy of this live show. Not only does she look absolutely stunning as she goes through a number of costume changes during the course of the show, but the music is guaranteed to keep you singing along. If you don't enjoy this you must be dead.

Kylie Minogue: Live In Sydney [DVD]
Kylie Minogue: Live In Sydney [DVD] by Kylie Minogue (DVD - 2001)