5.0 out of 5 stars Amos covers it up... with a nice yet distorting blanket
I might be a bit prejudiced when it comes to Tori Amos's music, but this album definately will increase the amount if respect I have for her. The whole concept of the album is rather unique: Tori asked 12 men in her life to pick 12 songs written solely by men about women for her to interpret. She looked behind the songs trying to filter out the women trapped inside of...
Published on 11 Sept. 2001 by strangelittlegirls@hotmail.com

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing in the long run
I really like Tori Amos, so I was excited that she was releasing a new album. It sounded like an interesting idea too, even though I'm not big on cover versions.
Anyway, there's some good tracks on here, and mostly it is a pretty good album to listen to. Some tracks however, such as '97 Bonnie and Clyde, are very effective the first couple of times but don't really...
Published on 26 Jun. 2002 by E Parry

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars When i first saw the front artwork..., 7 May 2009
Mark C. (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Strange Little Girls (Audio CD)
....a voice inside me whispered urgently: "Run! Run! as fast as you can! Go hide in the hills and dont look back!"

well, yes I eventually came back to the city and listened, but now know that in fact, I do have a guardian angel

The pure GENIUS that lurks inside of her -and I really mean that-must have gone on a 6 month maternity leave while she was recording this

I hate giving backhanded compliments, but this CD.....
l y l, still

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it, 11 Oct. 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Strange Little Girls (Audio CD)
If you want to start listening to Tori, buy all her albums - but just not this. It's the most disappointing record I've ever bought, and doesn't do any justice to Tori's singning and songwriting skills.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Strange Little Girls
Strange Little Girls by Tori Amos (Audio CD - 2001)