5.0 out of 5 stars destiny's child at there "calmest".....
well, the reason for this is that except "no no no part 2" and "with me part 1" all the other songs are very calm, and beautiful. later with their career the writings on the wall offered us a biggr variety of up beat songs and with the latest album survivor almost all the songs are fast.
though the all album is good there are ofcourse my favourits...
Published on 24 Aug 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Review
Bought it to replace cassette copy. Its great value for money. If you're a fan its good to have in your collection.
Published 12 months ago by BABS101

5.0 out of 5 stars destiny's child at there "calmest"....., 24 Aug 2001
This review is from: Destiny's Child (Audio CD)
though the all album is good there are ofcourse my favourits ones: second nature, no no no 2, bridges ( a beautiful one!!!) , no no no 1, illusion, sail on (an amazing one!!!!) , my time has come, and that's it.
so, if you like destiny's child (i don't know anybody who doesn't!!!!!) buy this one for your c.d collection, and i can assure you, you'll love it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Young Supremes, 28 Feb 2001
This review is from: Destiny's Child (Audio CD)
Destiny's Child are the greatest vocal group on the planet! Head Destiny, Beyonce Knowles has a range that goes from a deep alto to a soaring soprano in one of her many vibrato ad-libs. The four-part harmonies are diverse and interesting, blending perfectly with the R&B they sing over. Illusions, Know That, With Me, No No No Pt2 and Show Me the Way are the highlights from the 14 tracks. Simply amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best group ever!, 4 Aug 2000
This review is from: Destiny's Child (Audio CD)
I got this album a year or two ago and i haven't stopped listening to it since! My absolute favourite is 'with me' (both versions). I find 'second nature' a little boring but 'with me' 'no, no, no' and 'illusions' make up for it! A definate must if anyone likes 'the writings on the wall'. This album is almost as good as their second. BUY IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 10 Jan 2004
This review is from: Destiny's Child (Audio CD)
I have had this CD for years, and only got around to doing a review when I saw it as a featured item on here. I love this record, and find it amazing that it is so very mature, when they were 16 when they made it! It is full of beautiful, slick songs, most of them ballads which they pull off with great harmonies and strong vocal leads in the form of Kelly and Beyonce. It also boasts some great upbeat ones, my favourite being: 'Illusion'. It has great songs all through, but my favourites are: Second Nature, With Me Part 1, Bridges, Killing Time, Illusion and Sail On. They are all so beautiful, but make sure those get extra attention! The first time I listened to this record, it was the only one ever to suceed in making me cry! And it still does, especially Sail On. I love it, and I think you will too, as Linda Barker would say!

5.0 out of 5 stars a fantastic album with fantastic songs, 19 Dec 1999
This review is from: Destiny's Child (Audio CD)
Detsiny's Childs album 'The Writings On The Wall' is a must for all music lovers. With there brilliant lyrics everyone should but this. Songs to listen out for are the brilliant Bills Bills Bills, Temptations, Get On The Bus, Jumpin Jumpin and Say My Name. each song will stay with you forever.

3.0 out of 5 stars Review, 22 Oct 2013
This review is from: Destiny's Child (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Soulful Debut From The Original Destiny's Child, 10 April 2011
This review is from: Destiny's Child (Audio CD)
Often overlooked in career retrospectives of the group, this debut album holds up almost as well as ''The Writing's On The Wall'' and is a soulful, smooth alternative to the fast beats and slick riffs that DC became known for.

The highlight of the album is old-school party anthem 'No, No, No PT 2' which is still as catchy as it was when it was first released in 1997. Remixed by Wyclef Jean, it became DC's very first hit single and introduced the Destiny's Child sound, with crazy-fast lyrics and stick-in-your-head choruses.
Although there are no other hit singles on the album, there are several highlights that make the cd worth a purchase. 'Illusions' is a sexy, tropical song that could have been a single. 'With Me' featuring music-producer Jermaine Dupri is a sassy, club song and 'Second Nature' is a sensual cover of the Isley Brother's song.

The CD features the original line-up of Destiny's Child, with LaTavia and LeToya in the place of Michelle Williams. Though they don't have the uniqueness that Michelle's voice brought to songs on 'Survivor' and 'Destiny Fulfilled', they still sing nicely enough. Really though, it is Beyonce who stands out on this album. Only 15 at the time, her voice shows all the signs of what she was to become - a superstar. Her singing isn't as bold and strong as it became on 'B'Day', but is still awesome on songs where she sings lead. Kelly doesn't get to do much singing here, which is a shame because of her natural talent shown on the later albums.

Though not classic like 'Survivor', 'Destiny's Child' is a look at the raw, genuine talent of Beyonce, Kelly, LaTavia and LeToya before they hit big two years later with ''Say My Name'' and 'Bills, Bills, Bills'.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best album I've ever listened to!, 2 Jan 2000
This review is from: Destiny's Child (Audio CD)
'The writings on the wall' has to be the greatest album of all time, I wasn't sure about buying this album at first but then when I heard it at my friends house I had to have it, every song is great eg. Bug a boo, say my name, temptations and get on the bus. It is the best album I have ever bought and now the only album I listen to, I chucked my others away as I knew I would never get bored of the album and the other CD's wouldn't ever get in the player, I recommend it to all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Passion4Destiny, 20 Jan 2005
This review is from: Destiny's Child (Audio CD)
i think destiny childs new album is cool and i think michelle is always left out but their album is soooooooooooo cool especially soldier,lose my breath

Destiny's Child
Destiny's Child by Destiny's Child (Audio CD - 2005)