4.0 out of 5 stars A possible collector's item to watch for!, 28 Oct 2001
Daniel J. McCormick "crowtrobot1" (Madison, WI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dangermouse - The Great Bone Idol [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
Dangermouse collectors will be interested in this DVD. Not only does it have the second Dangermouse pilot (the first is currently lost), but some versions of the DVD are circulating with its original title, "The Tower of Terror." The title was changed due to the collapse of the World Trade Center towers, but some copies of the original version were already pressed.
For American fans, the DVD is enjoyable enough, and I had a lot of fun watching the Duckula episode. Unfortunately, the producers should have tried to keep the episodes in their original format. I just hate the re-edited titles with the truncated theme song & the exceptionally out-of-place shot of DM being menaced by a spider. They also cut the end titles short, not only depriving numerous Cosgrove staffers of the credit that they richly deserved, but it also clips short the narrator's hilarious end-of-credit ramblings. Moreover, they removed the cliffhanger & recap bits from the two-parters. Please, leave the show as it was. The cliffhangers are as integral to Dangermouse stories as they were to Bullwinkle stories.
I also wish they could insert alternate versions containing the North American versions, where Stilleto's voice was more intelligible, relying less on derogatory Italian stereotypes for humor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cartoon classic, 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: Dangermouse - The Great Bone Idol [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
We remember these from the 80's and my daughter and I loved to watch it. Now my four year old grandson watches a few episodes every day Over and Over and Over.

5.0 out of 5 stars great disc, 14 Mar 2014
This review is from: Dangermouse - The Great Bone Idol [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
great stuff for a '70s and '80s kid and his partner too. A real "blast from the past" which is now being enjoyed by the next generation too

4.0 out of 5 stars Good children's dvd, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Dangermouse - The Great Bone Idol [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
This was a good purchase.Dangermouse is an old favourite, and my grandson loves watching it.I thought this was good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars granchildren enjoy, 3 Feb 2013
This review is from: Dangermouse - The Great Bone Idol [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
great loved by all my daughter watched with great pleasure seeing her own children enjoy this dvd and was able to tell them more about it

5.0 out of 5 stars Not too dated!, 5 Jan 2013
D. Scott (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dangermouse - The Great Bone Idol [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
My boys aged 11 and 7 love this DVD, more than I did when I was their age, there is a whole series to collect!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good DVD, 10 Oct 2012
K. Berry "kazza-1" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dangermouse - The Great Bone Idol [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
I have rated it 5 due to the fact that my son pretty much watches it every day, and finds new things to laugh at each time. It is a classic cartoon so brings back good memories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dangermouse, 26 Mar 2011
Ms. S. Pennington (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dangermouse - The Great Bone Idol [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
What can I say about Dangermouse and his faithful sidekick Penfold? To those of us of a certain age the voices of David Jason and Terry Scott recall our own childhood watching the very silly antics of DM and Penfold and now as a grown-up (?) I get to watch them again with my own child, what fun!

Dangermouse - The Great Bone Idol [DVD] [1981]