on 12 March 2001
I bought this video in a shop near London Bridge some while ago; being a fan of the Redwall series of books and an admirer of Nelvana production values I was curious to see how the excellent prose would translate into film. I was not disappointed; but imagine my surprise when I found the same animation being broadcast on C5 early Saturday mornings! This film has evidently been expertly edited from the 14 episodes broadcast - but I recommend anyone who likes the movie to catch the full serialisation if they can, and would suggest to Nelvana that the whole series be put out on tape/DVD for completionists.
11 comment11 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 August 2001
Being a big fan of Redwall, i just had to get the video. It is a lovely film with english actors (hooray!) such as Tyrone Savage and Alison Pill as the hero Matthias and heroine, Cornflower. Any Redwall fan should have it as it is an exceptional video that I throughly enjoyed!
on 24 March 2001
What can I say? Redwall continues to be the best children's adventure series for a long time. This is the second volume of the television series, comprising episodes 4-6, including the excellent "Cluny's Clown" (my favourite episode so far). Even if one already has the single-tape feature-length Redwall (also available form Amazon), I still recommend getting the series- the feature leaves a lot out. Buy and enjoy.
on 19 October 2001
The final conflict is at hand. Matthias is far from Redwall and the Abbey is within the evil Cluny's grasp. Tings look desperate for the defenders..
This is the last installment of the Redwall saga and it does not disappoint. The story is excellent and fills many of the "holes" left in the feature-length "Redwall- Into Every Child's Life..." The final assault will take your breath away, and we even see a side to Cluny the Scourge we could never have expected. Wonderful from start to finish, "Final Conflict" makes one wish that the next series will be released soon!
on 20 May 2004
As a long-time teenage fan of the redwall series, I really had high hopes for the feature film of my favourite book ever. However, I was in for a surprise. This film is a travesty to the Redwall book and name. It detracts from the actual story, uses shoddy animation and awful voice acting. The target audience for the Redwall series was teenage children, and surely this film could have been made for them, not completely watered down to appease American infants. In the book there is actually some violence and bloodshed, which highlights the fact that this is a war between the peaceful mice and villanious rats. If you are a true Redwall fan like me, you will shun this video and pray for a true interpretation one day.
on 26 October 2007
Yes. It's true. This animation isn't a movie, it is accutally a TV series. This item is only about 80min of cut down episodes. If you are really a fan of Redwall you would by the other 4 videos. Things get a lot more interesting! Trust me! I began watching this as a child and I still love it now as a 16 year old!
on 18 August 2000
The movie shows exactely how good an author Brian Jaques is! If you are looking for action, a young teens interest and lots more in great detail, this is the story for you!
on 21 August 2000
I thought the film was good but it missed out a lot of small things such as that Chickenhound killed his mother and Jess Squirell had a son. I find it best to read the book first as when my freinds were waching it they didn't know the names of the creatures and what was going on.The animation is great, especially Matthias fighting at the end. It is a great film in the way that it has humour, sadness, courage and wits all rolled into one!
on 27 July 2004
Now this movie had no pleasing effects for me. Instead, it gave me disbelief, and disgust. The animation is pretty bad, and why does the badger have BLOND hair along with black and white fur!? The voices are exaggerated, doesn't really match at all, and Basil Stag's Hare was ugly.
11 comment2 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse