on 5 June 2013
Bought this because my mini DV camera started showing horizontal stripes on all my tapes. I had a load of miniDV tapes that I had yet to copy across to my HDD, but when I finally came round to do it, my camera stopped working properly. My camera is a Canon MV700i and is about ten years old and has not had a lot of use. I had never cleaned the heads on it before. I ran the tape through once and it seemed to fix the problem. After copying five tapes across to my computer I got the stripes back again. I ran the tape through a second time and then was able to copy the other twenty-two tapes without any further problems. It has also cured the same problem on my friends camera. Canon had asked him for 170€ to "fix" his camera!
on 7 January 2009
For anyone who is experiencing image problems with their mini DV camcorder (eg. distorted image), this should be their first port of call.

My camcorder had been experiencing awful image quality for some time, and my ignorance just assumed it was time for a new camcorder. I reluctantly ordered this tape cleaner as one last attempt to rescue it. I'm so glad I did!

Simply play this cassette in your camcorder for ten seconds, and as if by magic, your camcorder will be functioning again! The information that comes with the cassette states that it can be used up to 100 times, so it is terrific value for money!

Highly recommended.
on 8 March 2012
Don't be put off by comments about having to follow the instructions. They are very easy to follow. You just play the tape for 10 seconds. They warn you not to use the tape excessively but I think that is just common sense. I could only see 50% of the picture as the rest was covered in thick grey lines. Popped another tape in to check it was the camera and not the tape, the same thing happened. Ordered this tape out of desperation. Popped it in played for 10 seconds, put a normal tape in and it was back to normal. How simple is that! I had my video camera all sorted before I had even disposed of the envelope it came in.

Very impressed, simple effective and cheap!!!
on 18 August 2011
I was using my video camera recently only to see a message on the screen informing me that the head needed cleaning. The recording showed horizontal banding and so the camera was useless unless I managed to clean it. I felt the cost of individual head cleaning tapes was more that I was expecting as it was just a single tape. So I considered getting a pack of recording tapes which included a head cleaning tape. However I discovered that those head cleaning tapes can be a "use once tape" which concerned me that if I needed to use it again in the future I would need to buy another tape. So I decided to buy this one which says it can be used around 30 times on the instructions which came with it. Once I received it I popped it into the camera, played it forward for 10 seconds and then put my recording tape back in. Everything is working again with clear band free images. It saved my camera!
SONY HAS A PLANNED OBSOLESENCE PROGRAM SO THEY CAN SELL NEW STUFF.
THIS OLD MICRO CAM CAMERA WORKS FINE BUT THE HEADS GET DIRTY AND IT STOPS WORKING.
SONY STOPPED MAKING THEIR RECOMENDED TAPE HEAD CLEANER AND SONY SERVICE TO CLEAN THE HEADS ARE NOT WORTH THE PRICE. THIS TAPE DID THE JOB THOUGH IT LACKS ADEQUATE INSTRUCTIONS. RUN THE CAMERA ON PLAYER (NOT CAMERA) WITH THE CLEANING TAPE IN IT FOR 10 SECONDS AND THE CAMERA WILL USUALLY START WORKING AGAIN.
on 29 December 2009
If you go on holiday to hot climates and have air conditioning, its likely that condensation will catch you out, resulting in dirty video head on your camcorder. Make sure you have a cleaning tape packed in your luggage. This really useful accessory is a must, and does work, but use sparingly.
on 25 September 2009
My Camcorder broke while on holiday in Florida and so I had to buy another cassette camcorder when I returned in order to view my holiday video back - however the tapes had dirtied the new camcorder during play back. I brought this tape cleaner after reading reviews on it. I placed it in the camcorder and played it for 10-15 seconds and it worked a treat because I can now view all my holiday videoa past and present.
on 31 January 2010
A good product at a reasonable price that arrived within the specified timescale. I had messages on my camera that the head was dirty, and these disappeared after I had played this cleaning tape for a short time as recommended in the instructions. Quick and easy to use.
on 18 August 2011
After reading the instructions I was a bit scared of using it!! But it worked a treat so make sure you follow thw instructions properly!
on 29 January 2009
Cleaned the head(s) on my old DV Camcorder well.
Certainly did the job !