5.0 out of 5 stars Nordic Ware + lb cake = success every time., 1 May 2012
D. H (Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nordic Ware Non-Stick Cast Aluminum Fleur De Lis Bundt Pan, Grey (Kitchen & Home)
I can bake, was baking since I was old enough to stand on the stool. I love to bake. Apart from cleaning it is the only thing I am really great at. my friends and family would ask me to bake them cakes all the time. One in particular friend has had many kitchen disasters, she really does struggle to boil water. she is the classic kitchen klutz.. she's blown up her pressure cooker, taken the lid of her blender so she could see the mixture swirl and even put a metal ready meal tray in the microwave.. To say she doesn't know her way around the kitchen is an under-statement. One night she came round to mine in a flap:

Friend: " I need a cake. I need it tonight"
me: " what's with the urgency? "
friend" "the future in-laws are coming round tonight!" She actually said the name at the time but don't want to land her up the royal canal. " I need one of your impressive ones"
me: "Ah...Choose a pan"
friend "that one" she points to her usual favourite Fleur de lis. "very fitting at a time like this" she said handing me the pan

She considers her Mil a right royal pain in the a*** because she can never do anything right in her MIL's eyes (she is a little bit stern). To cut a long (at the risk of boring the reader ) but funny story short I baked her Fiance's (at the time) favourite, chocolate cake and made it my mission to make her bake. So I bought her, her own Fleur de lis and presented it to her for her birthday with a nordic ware recipe book. let her borrow my cups and spoons and made her bake her own birthday cake... We had heaps of fun in her kitchen with a bottle of wine and me watching her for a change but... THE CAKE turned out Perfect.

Which proves (I'm going to get into so much trouble for this) follow the instructions and any idiot can bake a perfect cake with Nordic-ware.

the simple rules with any baking but especially nordic ware:
1, always pre- heat the oven,
2, butter and dust pan with flour (sprinkle a little in and pat the pan turning it) ensuring fully coated then tip it upside down until you are ready to fill.
3, weigh out all ingredients before mixing (unless you know the recipe off by heart)
4, set a timer on your cooker/ phone etc as soon as you put the cake in the oven
5, once in the oven Don't open the door until the timer goes off
6, check with a skewer to see if the cake is done ( if the skewer comes out with batter on it put the cake straight back in and leave for another 5-10mins before checking again)
7, when cake is ready. Remove from oven and set your timer for 10 mins only let it stand then turn it out

a 10 cup pan nordic ware Bundt makes any form of cake, lb/ pound cake, madera, carrot cake literally any cake recipe except maybe a victoria sponge which is too light and airy for the design can be used in a Bundt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 30 Jan 2014
I just love baking with this cake pan. It does not stick and the final results is breath-taking, it gives the cake beautiful look and taste too, just like on the picture. I make mine mixing 6 egg yolks, grated lemon peel, vanillin, 250 g icing sugar, 250 g "00" flour, 100 ml vegetable oil, 100 ml water, 1tsp baking powder for cakes - I mixed it all and then slowly add 6 mixed egg whites and bake it for 40 min. Sometimes I add chopped chocolate. Yummy with a cup of tea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bundt pan, 10 April 2011
Purchased a fleur de lis bundt pan and it is brilliant. The cake looked great and a bundt recipe needs to be used for this type of pan. Well made product.

5.0 out of 5 stars expensive but good, 1 Mar 2013
This cake pan is great for making the special occasion cakes for larger party's, when greased cakes just drop out of the tin

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but worth it!!, 27 Feb 2012
Was a bit apprehensive because I never thought this mould would work - but it does! Its fantastic, as long as it is greased accordingly the bundt cake comes out so easy and looks so professional.

Definitely a good investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars CAKEY CAKEY CAKEY!, 6 Jan 2014
GREAT,....SERVICE SUPERB, BUNDT PAN SUPERB, CAKES SUPERB, IT'S ALL BEEN RATHER WONDERFUL! 4TH BUNDT PAN WE'VE BOUGHT WILL PURCHASE ANOTHER SOON.

5.0 out of 5 stars best ever, 21 Dec 2013
all Nordic pans are great to use. Success every time.
a good spray release oil works wonders. thank you Nordic

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Bundt Pan, 17 April 2012
I have searched for cake tins for long time in shops and I never found anything I liked. Once I have seen Nordic Ware Bundt Pans on Amazon I fell in love with them! So far I bought 3 different types and I am very happy with all of them. With these tins you will always make impressive cake for any occasion. I am using them all the time now. I was afraid the cake won't come out of the tin easily. I was wrong. I grease the tin with butter rather than oil and than I use flour to cover properly every little corner of the tin before putting the dough in. Never ever had a problem with taking the cake out of the bundt pan! The tins are very good quality so I can highly recommend it to anybody who wants to impress their family or friends. :-)Nordicware Fleur de Lis Bundt Pan

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 15 July 2011
Charmaine (Barcelona, Spain) - See all my reviews
Chose next day delivery as was needed for a special occasion. Beautiful pan, and got so many compliments on the cake!
Very happy with purchase, you won't be disappointed! Will make even a simple cake look as though it's come from a bakery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Aug 2014
Great item. Cakes looks really good and it really helps the presentation!