Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Shop now Learn more

on 25 May 2004
This video is fab, very quotable, and very funny - but it's only the first series, and it's only on VHS... and by chance I discovered that Amazon.Com (the US site) can sell you a DVD set of both series! Yes! It's a bit pricey but well worth it if you have a multi-region DVD player, as it includes a lot of episodes from the second series I missed during its patchy and irregular airing on TV. Follow the link below to the US site and have a look.
A two DVD set of this obviously unappreciated classic Aardman plasticine animation- featuring the adventures of Rex, Wendy, Bad Bob and my favourite, Vince. Totally bizarre twists of logic-they shrink ray cities and keep them as pets, but the sewage systems make messes all over the floor, Vince after recovering from random Pavarotti disease has an affair with a vacuum cleaner, bolshy ants steal the dogs' semi-detached house- see what I mean? Definitely not designed for little kiddies. In the absence of .. (Spaghetti).... any one brave enough to release it in the country it was created in, it's well worth ...(Tuesday)... investing in a spare multiregion player for this series alone.
on 17 July 2002
This video contains the 13 episodes that make up the first series of Rex the Runt, a hilarious show made by Aardman Animations. Hilights include Vince (my favourite character) reciting Gardner's Question Time, The gang drilling a hole in the North Pole and using the puncutred plannet to travel through space, using the Eifel Tower to replace Blackpool Tower, Rex being abducted by aliens and used as an exhibit, the use of the 'Go back in time-atron' to see the invention of cheese, Wendy becoming famous, Vince marrying a vaccum cleaner, Bad Bob and Wendy shrinking cities accross England and Vince attacking Rex with a plastic fork. Be prepared to laugh yourself silly.
on 23 January 2004
I have given up having conprehensible conversations with my friends and family since we started speaking almost entirely in quotes from this horrifyingly under recoginised show. it makes Alice in Wonderland seem logical. With guest appearances from Paul Merton, Birmingham, Bob's Swiss Army Campsite and a singing reconstistuted meat product, variety is not lacking.
It is the funniest thing i've seen since, well, ever.
Please, in the name of insanity, please buy this. If you regret it, you are not the sort of person who should be allowed out. It's as close to perfect as anything in a small plastic box possibly could be.
on 8 October 2001
I thought that the series of Rex the Runt was one of the most imaginative, and original series I have seen in a long time. It was witty, and able to entertain adults, as well as providing the slapstick humour that keeps children entertained. I would recommed this video to anyone, young or old.
on 29 March 2003
Rex the Runt is true comic genius. Vince is, in my opinion, the star of the show who suffers from an unfortunate ailment called 'Random Pavarotti Disease' which causes him to burst into song at random moments. Rex, Bob and Wendy enter his ear in a submarine, Bob cures him of hiccups, he attacks Rex with a plastic fork when he gets turned into spaghetti, marries a hoover and has a child - ALL in just 13 episodes. They are all really great and have both adults and children laughing. Where is Series 2? We want it!!
on 8 January 2002
Well, what can I say. Pure genius distilled onto plastic videotape. Vince is quite possibly the funniest plasticine dog ever, Bad Bob is bad, Wendy is Wendy and Rex is.... a runt!
There are some really classic episodes on this tape, like the one where Wendy gets arrested, or going on holiday in Vince.
Hurrah for Rex the runt!
on 12 December 2012
Rex the Runt is simply one of the best animated programmes ever to have appeared on our screens. What I liked about this claymation show was that it was intended for adult viewers rather than children because of its adult humour and rude jokes, and when watching this DVD set it was just as funny as it was when I first saw it on BBC2 in 1998. There were two series of Rex the Runt in total, the first series was aired in 1998 and the second (and last) series was aired in 2001. It's a shame that it was axed after two series, but I think it was probably better to end the series than to drag it on for too long and become stale. Both series were very good but I felt that the first series was slightly more amusing than the second series (not that series 2 was bad, it had some good moments). It's a shame that this show hasn't been re-released on DVD by the BBC themselves because I believe it deserves such a re-release, and I was lucky enough to find a copy of this region-free US release from A&E at a reasonable price as the DVD set is a rarity nowadays. I very highly recommend Rex the Runt if you are able to get your hands on it, and I would hope that it gets re-released on DVD so that other people can relive the enjoyment of this show.
on 17 June 2010
I loved Rex the Runt when it was first broadcast here. Cheeky, funny and loveable Rex and the others are awesome. Still love them now!
on 13 January 2011
Amazing. I watched the original series when it ran on BBC2 years ago and i only caught some of the second series. This was one of the funniest shows I have seen and really well done in Stop Animation.