5.0 out of 5 stars wot-a-mix!, 20 Aug 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Boygeorgedj.Com (Audio CD)
i bought this this morning and missed the bus home cos of the q in the shop - but i wanted to listen to it straight away so i had to buy some batteries for my disc man! but was it worth it - YES, IT ROCKS!!!!!! Even on tacky headfones. Boy George is good DJ live but this takes the musical biscuit, i'm well into it and the mix is right up my street, there's some old reggae tracks and new progresive trax siting close to each other but each one made me wanna DANCE round the bus! it's not really rammed with big hits which is a good thing because too many cdsat the moment tend to be. but this one stands out and because it's different i love it!
jules x

4.0 out of 5 stars CD2 alone makes this a must-buy!, 28 Jan 2003
Jessica Wetterstrand (Sweden) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boygeorgedj.Com (Audio CD)
First of all, I'm stuck in the 80's and I'm totally into poppy songs sung by cute guys in hats and painted eyebrows, so I must confess George's DJ projects never thrilled me much. HOWEVER I got a pleasant surprise this morning listening to this new mix double album from George. Ahh, it's good!
Even if You are into the whole dance scene or not, this is a recommended buy. It got Boy George value!
The CD comes in a 2CD jewel case with a stickered paper wrap. The 6 page booklet gives You George's own descripton and updates on his new DJ site and radio gigs. CD1 is too much for me personally, but CD2 alone makes this a must-buy! All that is missing here is a couple of Zee tracks to make this the perfect mix album!
There are 38 tracks in all and I'm just going into the ones I really like or the ones related to George. CD1 gives You the track "Auto Erotic" by Dark Globe, not my favourite, but it is co-written by Boy George. You will find Kinky Roland from George's own label More Protein with "This Time Around" and Kinky also written the track "Zing" by "Yo 2 Go!" and remixed Belle Ville's "Theme From Belle Ville". (Both fabulous!)
You will also get Eve Gallagher here with the FAB track "Music Is A Kind Of Lovin'" wich also was co-written by George and there is a Boy George remixed track; "Unbelievable" by EMF.
A real gem is "Lean On Me" co-written by Linda Duggan, talented Culture Club backing vocalist and performed by More Protein artist Colein / SFTG. Other Gems are "Zing" by Colein, "Rise Up" by Sunkids feat. Chance and "Watcha Gonna Do?" by Shauna Soloman.
I got three words for You; BUY BOY NOW! ... .

ARRAY(0xa6d92fa8)

Boygeorgedj.Com
Boygeorgedj.Com by Boy George (Audio CD - 2001)