on 28 November 2007
Before the new Sony Ericsson Walkman-phone series of headphones, I could not wear the traditional round hard plastic in-ear headphones that used to come free with personal stereos. But the MDR-W08L sits comfortably, weighs very little and delivers excellent quality sound. Which is why I have worn, and worn out 4 pairs of these headphones over the last 10 years. Which doesn't mean that after a couple of years they break! I've beaten them to death by constant use. And although I currently use my MDR-V900HD more often I am keeping a brand new pair of MDR-W08Ls in storage against the day when I realise you can no longer buy them. Another true classic from Sony.
on 13 January 2008
I came across these headphones years ago have not found anything better of this type at any price, (not for won't of wasting money, why Sony sell more expensive models that sound far inferior I will never know.)I own a pair of Sennheiser HD600 £180 audiophile phones and have to do a quick a b comparison to hear any difference the Sennheiser sound slightly smoother.
on 31 May 2010
I first got a pair of these with a sony CD discman some years back. I used them without so much as a second thought - until they finally gave up the ghost and I realised how difficult it was to find a suitable replacement. Earbud phones fall out, and over-ear ones make the inside of my ears ache and aren't easy to get on/off, and I didn't want a pair of massive professional-style headphones. After searching around the high street for anything vaguely similar to no avail, I was delighted to find these still available via Amazon's suppliers. It does sound as though they are end of life now, so I've just bought 2 pairs to keep me going for some years. Considering how well-priced they are, I'm almost tempted to buy a 3rd pair now to be on the safe side. If you don't get on with earbud phones and over-ear clips, these could well be the ones for you. Catch 'em while you can!
on 16 August 2010
Having started running I thought listening to music would keep me motivated but my in ear phones do not stay in and it is difficult to find a pair as I have very small ears. So decided to go for one that goes over the head for more stability, but the band does not go small enough to sit on my head, but for once the in ear bit actually fits in my ear and stays in quite well. As mentioned before if it is windy you can hear that. So these are good for the price i think, but would probably try something different when I need a new pair.
on 11 May 2010
I love these little headphones. For the price I think they must be unbeatable in terms of sound quality. They are certainly better than some bud type headphones that I have tried that cost around £50. I would consider them good value at triple the price.

You can exercise and run with them and they stay exactly where they should be. They are very light and don't give you that uncomfortable ache that you can get with prolonged use of some in-ear headphones. The headband is so thin that it goes under your hair (if you have any) so it's not really that noticeable that you are wearing this type of headphone. I guess what I'm saying is that you don't look like an idiot with them on - this is valid unless you already looked like one.

I also like the fact that they are so flexible you can squeeze them together and wrap the cable around them and store them in a much smaller place than you might think possible. For example they can fit in a shirt or jacket pocket. I'm now on my third pair, and I seem to get around 3 years heavy use with them.

Unbeatable for this price!
on 10 January 2008
I just recently brought a Mp3 player, and the headphones supplied were of very poor quality which i expected really. I was looking for a replacement and came across these sony Mdr-Wo8L and im glad i did. The sound quality of these headphones are amazing, the bass response is deep and rich and the tones are crisp & clear and they are very VERY loud. I would recommend these headphones to any serious music fan, for the price you pay they cant be beaten.
on 4 December 2007
Comfortable, good sound, actually stay in your ears...what more could you want in a set of headphones? Like the previous reviewer, I've bought a few of these sets, I'm now on my third! Its not that they are fragile in anyway (they are extremely flexible!), but its over a space of six years where I'm not sure that these headphones have left my head (or neck, if I'm not listening to them)! I used them with a tape player, a cd player, an ipod, and now a Sansa, but they've been used with gameboys, computers, a DS, and heaven knows what else! Good bass, good sound reduction - these headphones are cheap, and if you want discrete, but actually stay in your ears (they feel like bud headphones, except for everyone's ears!).
on 19 April 2008
I am completely blown away by how LOUD these headphones are. Fantastic. I use them for running and my only gripe is that they start to bounce away from the ear as you run so there is a loss of that loudness and bass line. However, these are a fantastic pair of headphones and if you like to play it loud then I can't recommend them enough! Great job Sony.
on 1 November 2011
I bought these specifically for running, as I was fed up with my usual earbud style headphones falling out of my ears all the time. These are just the ticket. They are lightweight, stay put and the sound quality is perfectly adequate for running. As a DJ, I am very conscious of sound quality, but the convenience of these outweighs anything you may lose when compared to your usual headphones. I found the sound to be more bassy than my usual Sennheisers, but seeing as I mostly run to dance music, this doesn't really matter. If you want something that's going to stay in your ears whilst exercising and don't cost the earth, you could do a lot worse.
on 29 July 2009
Sound is great, fit in ears, and round the head very well. Adjusts easily. Great price too.