5.0 out of 5 stars A blast from the past
I played this as a youngester around friends houses, and whne looking for a silly Xmas present to buy for the other half, thought what the hell.
It is excellent fun, with or without alcohol.
Eductionally, I can't remember if this taught me the location of the major organs in the body, or where I found them out as I grew older anyway.
Highly recommend this...
Published on 31 May 2003 by Mr. Brian Jenkinson

1.0 out of 5 stars Operation Game
"Be warned, this operation game is a new version of the game in yellow box and not the old in a blue box as stated by seller. The current market price of a new version of Operation game is £10 and you are going to pay twice as much £25 with The Shop for Gifts! "
Published on 25 Nov. 2012 by Mrs P

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A blast from the past, 31 May 2003
Mr. Brian Jenkinson "Fester" (Wickford, Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Operation Game (Toy)
It is excellent fun, with or without alcohol.
Highly recommend this game for adults and kids alike, excellent fun with a degree of eductaional value. Go buy it now!

1.0 out of 5 stars Operation Game, 25 Nov. 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Silly fun for adults, 7 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Operation Game (Toy)
My boyfriend was bought this as a present when he changed career to train as a doctor. We thought it was a pretty funny joke gift but that was all - didn't expect it would be fun to actually play as adults. How wrong we were! It was brought out one evening over Christmas (after we'd had a few sherries!) and proved to be hilarious. Try keeping your hand still after you've had a few and you'll see what I mean! It brought out the competitive nature of some of the guys in the room too, who couldn't help getting frustrated with their inability to use tweezers (women have an advantage here!) and mocking each other for repeatedly setting off the buzzer. It's a pretty basic idea and not intellectually challenging, and it is quite flimsily made (the inside of the box itself forms the playing surface), but it's good for parties and families and a bit of lighthearted retro fun for a very good price.
P.S. If you want to make it more challenging, try setting up the pieces upside down in the slots - makes it a lot harder to get them out!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and teaches dexterity, 14 May 2009
Ms. A. J. Bradshaw (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Operation Game (Toy)
operation is a bit difficult for my 5 yr old - but if you pretend to make mistakes, allowing him to win, then he really enjoys it

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful quality, 8 Jan. 2013
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Operation Game (Toy)
I had this as a kid, so when my son wanted it i was secretly happy with his choice.
The quality is appalling and the tweezers? Well, i have dexterity as part of my job and i can't pick some of the pieces up even from a table top. So my 4 year old has no chance.
We don't play it now. Because we have both lost interest.
I trip to Boots i think to buy proper tweezers to solder on in place of theirs. Wouldn't recommend. :(

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I thought, 18 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Operation Game (Toy)
Bitterly disappointed for some reason different to Box on Amazon which said from age 6 the one I received was stated from age 4 and a different picture just like others that are priced much much lower - so not happy!!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, but lots of small pieces, 6 Jun. 2009
K. Chistopher "Zee" (Sweden) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Operation Game (Toy)
My students love this game, and I think it's great fun too. The biggest drawback is that there are lots of small pieces which are easy to use. It would be good it they supplied 2 set of teh bones so you had a back-up.

1.0 out of 5 stars Such a disappointment and waste of money, 28 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Operation Game (Toy)
We bought this for an 8th birthday present. As soon as I unpacked it I could see that it was far inferior to the one I remember from my childhood. The holes are now large and all a similar round shape, which makes it really easy. Everyone in the game just picked out their pieces, one after the next, without the buzzer going off once. Then we tested it again to make sure that it was working - it was - it is just so easy that no-one would ever set off the buzzer. Then we played it again - same, we all just picked them out easily. So it is a very dull game. The only age group who might suit this is maybe 2 to 4 year olds. Why did they change it from the original????

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun ........at first!, 16 Sept. 2001
This review is from: Operation Game (Toy)
And it is fantastic fun until you have been playing for 2 hours! and the buzzing drives you crazy!. It is a shame there is no container to put the bits of 'body' in because they get lost so quickly. I think it can be fun but only in small doses!!

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing, 29 Oct. 2007
Comical Engineer "comicaleng" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Operation Game (Toy)
The parts are very fiddly for younger children and prone to getting lost. We found the construction to be very flimsy, especially the cardboard top layer over the metal contacts. I've had to stick the card down because it has become peeled back. The wire holding the tweezers can also snap and has had to be re-soldered.

It's good fun when set up but can be frustrating for younger children when they keep setting off the buzzer. It does teach them to have steady hands, however, it doesn't do much for their knowledge of anatomy really.

A game that kids will tire of relatively quickly.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›