5.0 out of 5 stars ELLEN BACK TO WHAT SHE DOES BEST!
Published on 31 Oct 2001 by sheluk84@aol.com

2.0 out of 5 stars In A Word - Boring
I love Ellen but really couldn't get into this DVD. She pauses way too much and I just didn't find her funny in this one! Also for some reason I was expecting it to last longer than an hour (my fault for not reading the details properly)
Published on 7 Jun 2012 by K. Brandreth

5.0 out of 5 stars ELLEN BACK TO WHAT SHE DOES BEST!, 31 Oct 2001
What can I say, I'm so glad she's back and making us all laugh again.This video is a MUST for all Ellen fans! It's great the way she analyses things and makes them so funny. I find that this is not just a woman who makes people laugh in standup, but really makes you think about life and the maddiness in life, we have created. Our views on god and the thought of same sex marriges. At the end Ellen takes questions which end up with hystrical and moving consequences! This video made me laugh and cry, When taking questions a young girl thanked Ellen so much for her help in helping her 'come out', it was so unbelieably moving.
What made me laugh most? Erm, well thats a though question there were so many funny and hilarious moments it's hard to chose.I guess the abit about'The video taping sex,' was very amusing it had me crying with laughter, I guess thats why she is known as 'America's Funniest Woman!'
If you don't buy this you won't know what your missing, 'The greatest female comic of our generation!

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant return to stand-up, 1 Oct 2001
This review is from: Ellen Degeneres - Live [DVD] (DVD)
Ellen's first stand-up performance since coming out finds her at the Beacon Theatre in New York in front of a wildly (and justly) appreciative audience. As promised, she doesn't shy away from 'the gay thing' but her jokes on the subject are subtle, clever and - of course - hilarious. That aside, the rest of her material is new too (except for the obligatory references to the horrors of plane journeys), including fantastic routines about clothing department changing rooms, sex shops, attention disorders and doing lunch with God. There's also a surprisingly moving coda which sees Ellen answering the audience's questions. (And, if there is a gripe with this release, it's that this apparently great segment isn't presented in full.)
In all, a confident, fresh and wonderful return to stand-up from one of the people who does it best.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ellen Live - Ellen The Beginning, 6 May 2011
This review is from: Ellen Degeneres - Live [DVD] (DVD)
Ellen Live was good if you are a De Generes fan,however be careful that you do not buy the same DVD twice. I bought Ellen DeGeneres The Beginning a few weeks ago and then bought Ellen DeGeneres LIVE not realising that they were the same DVD. I did not return the 2nd DVD because I was busy working and did not have the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, and more!, 14 July 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Ellen Degeneres - Live [DVD] (DVD)
What can I say but seeing "Ellen-Live" made me laugh out loud for over an hour.
Her observations about everyday life are what made her famous and thankfully she hasn't changed her style.
She's right up there with Eddie Izzard for laughs.
Keep watching right until the end. While the credits are rolling there are some questions from the audience, especially a very touching interaction she has with a young woman at the very end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, amusing and true to life situations, 22 Oct 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Ellen Degeneres - Live [DVD] (DVD)
This is Ellen at her best, funny and witty. Her facial expressions make the show even more amusing. In my view the interperative dance and the sketch on imagination are the best parts of the performance. The more you watch Ellen, the funnier it becomes. This should not be missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars so funny, 29 July 2013
This review is from: Ellen Degeneres - Live [DVD] (DVD)
I love ellens style of humour, I go to bed and watch this in bed, as it is a good clean humour so I can relax to it and go to sleep with a smile on my face.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gentle and inoffensive humour, 8 Nov 2012
The Good Daughter (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Ellen Degeneres - Live [DVD] (DVD)
This isn't the funniest piece of her work that I've seen but for all that it is funny and very cleverly written. I think this must have been a very early, if not her first, appearance in public following a very public ostraciZing for "coming out" - hence the gentleness of it - almost like dipping a toe back in to stand up - thank heavens she stayed the course as the woman is a naturally funny person who can see something amusing in a lot of human frailties - which most of us have! One or two laugh out loud moments but mainly a sit on the sofa with a smile on your face hour and a bit.

2.0 out of 5 stars In A Word - Boring, 7 Jun 2012
K. Brandreth "Brandrolph" (England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars ellen dvd, 30 Jan 2012
This review is from: Ellen Degeneres - Live [DVD] (DVD)
this was Ellen doing what she does best... standup. a woman at the top of her game... very funny. i loved it,she is now doing the rounds of friends, i fear i may never get her back.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great to see Ellen doing standup again, 30 Dec 2001
Neil Lewis (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
In this video Ellen negotiates a way of addressing the inescapable fact that she's a huge symbol of out-ness and lesbian icon, while retaining the essential wry, sweet and slightly distracted humour that makes her such a talent and such a great personality.
Let's hope Ellen carries on giving us great comedy like the central standup routine here while she grapples with the responsibilities of being one of our best-known out performers.

Ellen Degeneres - Live [DVD]
Ellen Degeneres - Live [DVD] by Joel Gallen (DVD - 2001)