5.0 out of 5 stars Yes - they were as good as I remembered!
For years I had waited for a cd to come out with the Four Seasons greatest hits. When I received this disc from Amazon I was worried that my memory might have deceived me - but no - they were great songs. Let's Hang On, Working My way back to you, and Got you Under my Skin are my favourites, but everyone of these songs will hit a memory.
Published on 26 Sept. 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitive?
I have the Gold Edition of The Four Seasons on an old double LP so when I saw this compilation advertised I was interested. Then I noticed that one of the biggest Four Seasons hits was missing. How can you call this collection Definitive and not include "Opus 17 (Don't You Worry About Me)"? What were they thinking?
Published on 27 Mar. 2007 by P. Braithwaite

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes - they were as good as I remembered!, 26 Sept. 2002
This review is from: The Definitive Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars An album guaranteed to bring a smile upon anyones face, 2 Nov. 2001
This review is from: The Definitive Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons (Audio CD)
I initialy bought this album for the track 'Cant take my eyes off you'. As I was playing the album from the beginning I recognised so many other songs that just brought a hugh smile to my face. This is just a magical collection of great songs all on one album. I would go as far to say that there is not one song on this album that no one wouldn't recognise and sing along to, especialy track 25 - Grease.
This will be a great album for the car if your going on a long journey, or just kicking it back on the sofa on a Sunday afternoon. An absolute must for any music lovers' collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless, 7 Feb. 2006
This review is from: The Definitive Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons (Audio CD)
I recently visited New York, and was lucky enough to be there a few days after The Frankie Vali musical "Jersey Boys" opened on Broadway. The show was fantastic, the person that played Frankie Vali, had an amazing voice, now I'm not one for tribute bands, much prefer the original, but he really did do the songs justice, and sounded just like the real thing.
On our return to England I got this cd, what a great collection of songs, from one of the all time greats.
PS if you get a chance to see the show, then do it, you won't be disappointed. It's all about the Four Seasons, rise to fame. It rates as one of the best shows that i have seen

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent collection of a great group, 20 May 2004
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Definitive Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons (Audio CD)
Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons were hugely successful in America, where they had a long string of major hits, especially in the sixties. They were less successful in Britain but still managed seven top ten hits including a number one. Here you can find all the classics. From the sixties, there are Sherry, Big girls don't cry, Walk like a man, Rag doll, Let's hang on and many others. From the seventies, there are My eyes adored you, Who loves you, December '63 Oh what a night (their only British number one hit), Silver star and Grease. The obvious omission is Night (a track recorded for Motown), but you can't include everything by such a successful group.
Aside from their own hits, covers of their songs were also successful for others. Four of their songs were UK number one hits for others. Their version of The sun ain't gonna shine anymore (Walker brothers) is not included, but you do get their original versions of Silence is golden (Tremeloes), Bye bye baby (Bay city rollers) and Working my way back to you (Detroit Spinners).
This is an excellent single CD collection of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, one of the best American groups of the sixties and seventies.

5.0 out of 5 stars An unexpected delight, 5 Aug. 2005
Crazy Bald Heid "kennyb63" (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Definitive Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons (Audio CD)
I bought this as a curiosity, not really a fan but Frankie Valli et al had their music used in Scorcese films and the Sopranos. I also loved the 70s hits when I was at boarding school listening to the radio under my pillow.
When I played this in the car two things happened. Firstly, I was staggered by the start to finish quality of every song on the disc and secondly my 5 year old son loved it. Its not been off since.
Buy it you'll know pretty much every song and it will light up even the darkest day. What a voice and what production. Sheer magic.

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitive?, 27 Mar. 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 8 July 2013
This review is from: The Definitive Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons (Audio CD)
This CD is fantastic. Great for any Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons fan. Jam packed with great song's that you just have to sing along too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great songs but..., 25 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Definitive Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons (Audio CD)
...the recording is bit fuzzy like it's been taken from a cassette, not crisp as the performances should be. Shame really, so I've returned it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Jersey Beat!Wow!, 26 April 2015
A. G. Soorty (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Definitive Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons (Audio CD)
I missed their era and although I'd heard all their hits I never new it was them. Then I saw the film -The Jersey Boys.And I kept going Hey I know that song.By the time they played their 3rd hit I was hooked.I said to myself I've got to get their hits. And I wasn't disappointed. Terrific throwback to the sixties.I can't imagine how the people preferred The Beatles to them. I love The Beatles but only post-Sgt. Peppers.Such a fresh sound with such simple lyrics.Maybe a falsetto voice wasn't 'macho' enough then but wow what harmony.Super addition to my collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pop heaven, 12 April 2013
This review is from: The Definitive Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons (Audio CD)
Having (at last) managed to get to see the musical 'Jersey Boys', it got me interested in digging around the Frankie Valli/Four Seasons back catalogue to check their stuff out. It's a winner and I've enjoyed every track, the only blip appears to be that 'Beggin' is not included in this compilation. Before the only songs of Valli's I'd really been familiar with are those featured in 'Grease' but happily now I've rectified that.

This is pure pop heaven that is hard to beat. I'm not sure whether or not I intended the pun !!

A 4* treat!

The Definitive Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
The Definitive Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons by Frankie Valli & Four Seasons (Audio CD - 2001)