Format: DVD|Change
Price:£15.85+ £1.26 shipping

on 5 August 2015
Dark, funny and stylish, the casting, performances and direction of this film were excellent. The Blu Ray version I have also had fantastic picture and sound quality.
on 17 January 2015
Superb adaptation of Nabukov's controversial classic, with outstanding performances from James Mason and Peter Sellers.
on 22 April 2015
I have not seen it before and had no idea about it, except it was famous.. and its a tale of moral rectitude.
on 16 February 2007
I have this in a box set with 7 other of his films and a documentary. I really like Stanley Kubrick and his films so it's a pleasure to watch them and last night I watched Lolita for the first time (I only got chance last night). Now I haven't read the novel this is based on so I don't know any different but it is a compelling film about how far a man will go for love. The only fault I found with it is the performance of Charlotte Haze (Shelly Winters) I found it was over the top but other then that I really enjoyed the film.

The story everyone knows by now so I won't go into detail but they deliver career bests in there performance and Peter Sellers steals the film and he has some funny lines in the film.

I think that Stanley Kubrick is a master at his work and I will watch the films in this box set over the coming nights.

The dvd has a trailer for the film and that's it but you don't watch a Kubrick film for the special features.

Stanley Kubrick explores a theme he would revisit later in his career with the film EYES WIDE SHUT.

These themes are relevant today as much as they were back then.

All in all a really good film
on 16 June 2016
Pure rubbish
on 23 February 2003
The book is excellent and beyond compare but this film is a flawed adaptation that loses the main themes that make the book so special, and gains nothing in its place. Sellers is the reason to watch this film. His excellent portrayal of Quilty is mesemerising and his character is the one who takes your attention, rather than Humbert Humbert (Mason) who ideally should.
The whole point of the book was to delve inside Humbert's head and reveal feelings of obsession, passion and despair. We lose this in the film. We don't feel much sympathy for Humbert, which is the main feeling the book gives us, incredible since this whole story is about paedophilia.
However, don't let this put you off. This is essentially a love sory, something this film does excellently, and the acting is very good indeed. I'd recommend it as a story everyone sould experience and it's a great talking point and is very thought provoking. Worth a view if only for Sellers.
on 30 January 2015
The out take clips make this particularly special. Great film.
on 23 May 2016
An unforgettable film of Nabokov's masterpiece.
on 8 February 2016
Good to see James Mason and Peter Sellers again
on 27 October 2015
great subject matter very good film