5.0 out of 5 stars The best all round kitchen knife!, 8 July 2003
Gus (Brighton, East Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wusthof Classic 17cm Oriental Cooks Knife (Kitchen & Home)
I was given this knife as a present and it has now proved to be the best and most used knife in my kitchen. The handle is well sized and fits into the hand very nicely. Also the weighting of it is exceptional and allows much greater control compared to many other knifes. The grooves in the blade make it slide through anything very very nicely and it is also very easy to keep sharp which is always a bonus.
I highy recommend this to anyone wanting a great all round knife.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wusthof Santoku, 22 Feb 2009
P. STEVENS (Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wusthof Classic 17cm Oriental Cooks Knife (Kitchen & Home)
I have owned this knife for a couple of months now and think it the best knife I have ever used - better than my other Wusthofs or Henckels. It is razor sharp and holds it's edge very well

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Knife I have ever used, 28 Dec 2012
D. J. Summers "Dave Summers" (South Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wusthof Classic 17cm Oriental Cooks Knife (Kitchen & Home)
If you are looking for lightness, sharpness and balance, then this is the knife for you. It has a razor-sharp blade which stays with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Proper Cooks Knife, 16 May 2013
This review is from: Wusthof Classic 17cm Oriental Cooks Knife (Kitchen & Home)
At last, a knife that claims to be sharp and it truly is very very sharp! I feel safer using the oriental style as it doesn't have the pointed tip. This knife is robust enough to slice through tough vegetables such as celeriac and swedes which can be very difficult to prepare. It seems expensive, but I know that this is going to last me for years to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars Extreme care needed for a wonderful knife, 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: Wusthof Classic 17cm Oriental Cooks Knife (Kitchen & Home)
Wonderfully sharp knife - the only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is because perhaps it is too sharp/effective - my wife and I both cut ourselves the very first time we used it (in spite of being careful) - glad we got the protective sleeve - it is now put away for occassional use (perhaps carving meat etc) - certainly don't want it where our children (although 17 years old) might use it - so a great knife in the right hands - not one for everyday use (certainly not after a glass of wine or if otherwise distracted

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 25 April 2013
This review is from: Wusthof Classic 17cm Oriental Cooks Knife (Kitchen & Home)
I took a real liking to this product once i used it at one of our family friend's house. So decided to get one for mine too especially the Santoku model as i felt it would reduce the time taken to complete the work fast and also make cooking really interesting to. And i was not disappointed . The knife just guides through the any product let it be meat, vegetables or onion. It seems a must have in any kitchen. The only down side is its price is too high but if it lasts( i just bought it) then i think it is worth buying.

Anu

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully sharp knife, 14 Jun 2014
This review is from: Wusthof Classic 17cm Oriental Cooks Knife (Kitchen & Home)
After looking around the internet for recommendations on which knife to buy I decided to go for this Wusthoff Santoku. I would have preferred a Japanese blade but they were outside of my budget. This was within my budget (just) and I had just bought the Wusthoff birds beak peeling knife, which I love, so I decided to buy it. I didn't realise knifes came this sharp, every other knife I have or used is blunt in comparison. With the thin blade and sharp edge it makes cutting, chopping and dicing a pleasure. I'm sure the Japanese knifes will be sharper but for the normal home cook this is more than adequate and yes both of my Wustoffs have tasted blood due to me being clumsy and not used to handling such a sharp knife. Now saving up for the cooks knife to add to the collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars A present, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: Wusthof Classic 17cm Oriental Cooks Knife (Kitchen & Home)
My son is delighted, perfect knife
thin edge means it slices finely. Cover needed as very sharp
Handle high so no knuckle bashing when you chop

5.0 out of 5 stars Wusthof Classic 17cm Oriental Cooks Knife, 27 Nov 2013
This review is from: Wusthof Classic 17cm Oriental Cooks Knife (Kitchen & Home)
I have had this knife a few months now and I love it, it is a great size, not too heavy and is very Versatile, I use it for cutting/chopping everything! (except bread) It has stayed sharp and the hollow edge helps stop things sticking to it when cutting. It is very expensive but I guess you get what you pay for. I also have Wüsthof CLASSIC Cook's knife - 4572 / 20 cm this knife is a little heavier but is also a great all-rounder.

4.0 out of 5 stars wusthof Oriental Cook`s Knife Granton Edge, 24 May 2004
This review is from: Wusthof Classic 17cm Oriental Cooks Knife (Kitchen & Home)
good knife , dunno if it will stand up to heavy use, very sharp from the box and easy to keep an edge usefull for slicing a large volume of say julienne of leeks with good precision.good blance overall blade feels kindof thin to me tho 4/5

Wusthof Classic 17cm Oriental Cooks Knife