4.0 out of 5 stars Great knives but not sharp when delivered
The knives are well weighted and are (should be) a pleasure to use. Sadly the smaller two knives in my set were basically blunt, struggling to cut into a tomato. While I expect to have to sharpen them to keep them tip-top, I expected them to arrive in a better state than they did.
Published on 19 July 2012 by CB

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor packaging
Although the knives themselves look ok I was not impressed with the packaging. One knive had come loose and actually cut the plastic packaging. The entire piece did not look like I had just spent £120 on it- and that was not even full price. I think improvements on the branding and packaging could definitely be inplemented
Published 2 months ago by M. Spencer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great knives but not sharp when delivered, 19 July 2012
This review is from: Wusthof Classic 3 Piece Cooks Knife Set Kitchen and Home Decor Accessory (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Great :), 28 Jan. 2013
I spent a long time researching knives before settling for these. I also considered global knives but was not so impressed with their strength/durability (based on research). These Wusthof Classic knives are fantastic quality and very sharp. I love using them and now look forward to cooking :) I would recommmed that these are very carefully hand washed, dried and put away after use. They are too good to put in a dishwasher and it would be unwise to have these razor sharp knives mixed in amongst general cutlery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 26 Jan. 2011
My son brought these for use in our kitchen. We now fight over them as they truly are just the most perfect knives to use in every day cookery. Wouldn't be without them now.

5.0 out of 5 stars How blunt were my old knives!!, 15 May 2011
N. J. Mcbain (Hull, East Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I knew my old knives were ready for replacing but these things are lethally brilliant. I have nearly sliced several fingers off but preparing food is a pleasure now I have given the knives a little more respect. Time will tell how these last but I have every faith if looked after. I have purchaced a Wusthof knife sharpner too to maintain them. Overall....highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasure to use, 26 Mar. 2013
We already had a fairly recent Wusthof carving set and when the time came to replace our rather elderly and well used kitchen knives we went for this knife set.
The balance and finish of the knives is perfect and makes cooking a pleasure. They arrived well sharpened and the 20cm cooks knife in particular has become the new kitchen jack of all trades.
The 16cm utility knife has found many uses particularly in baking and the small 9cm blade is so useful that we've bought a second one for when we're both cooking.
They're kept handy on a magnetic knife rack and washed/dried by hand after every use. Knives of this quality deserve a bit of respect and I'm sure they'll return it by many years of service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great knives for amateur chefs with all the sizes you will ever need, 26 Oct. 2014
Chris (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Incredibly durable and sharp knives that have pride of place in my kitchen. They take a bit more looking after than your regular kitchen knives but as a budding amateur chef, I wanted to have decent knives ever since I saw chef Jamie Oliver talking about which knives you need. Apparently these three sizes are all you will ever need. They have stood up to any task I have given them, and are so sharp that I could shave with them when I got them! They keep their edge for a very long time if you treat them as any decent knife should be treated - i.e. don't leave them wet as water is the enemy of sharp metal edges as anyone who owns a razor will eventually realise.

Now I just need to learn to use them... :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great knife set, 21 Dec. 2011
I'm not really sure what I can say about these knifes besides the fact they are fantastically sharp, look great and are a very high quality. Quality German precision.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased indeed, 22 Jan. 2015
I have used Global for the last 15+ yrs but thought I would try these after reading independent reviews. They are nicely weighted (albeit I prefer a heavy knife) and were really sharp on arrival. They cut beautifully and sharpen up easily using the Wusthof sharpener. Very pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Proper german quality, 14 Oct. 2013
I simply love these knives.Very tough, very sharp and a pleasure to use.I barely touched them after taking them out of the box and managed to cut myself, honestly i thought they were sharp but not like that.I paid a lot of money for them but no regrets, every penny was wisely spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Three of the best, 24 April 2010
P. Wood - See all my reviews
Expensive, but you get what you pay for, a well designed balanced knife. Top quality materials.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›