5.0 out of 5 stars hawkwind at their grooviest
for years i wasn`t sure about this album, being a fan of space ritual onwards hawkwind. but this is a different, pre-lemmy hawkwind who were still ladbroke grove freaks, still gave free shows almost anywhere and still indulged in long freakout jams wherever and whenever the mood took them. this is exemplified on the opening cut "you shouldn`t do that" which is a laid back...
Published on 29 Nov. 2010 by salopian

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Prog Jim but.......
Published on 24 Oct. 2011 by Manoerwar

5.0 out of 5 stars Not one to miss., 18 Mar. 2015
This review is from: In Search Of Space (Audio CD)
Oh wow. I think I like this LP more now than I did in my teen early twenties. Steaming hot rock.

Some consider In Search of Space as their favourite. I think it almost impossible to choose a fave Hawkwind album or even track. This is one that you have to consider though when considering choosing: but aren't most of the early albums.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Prog Jim but......., 24 Oct. 2011
This review is from: In Search Of Space (Audio CD)
Not Prog as we know it .............Now I saw Hawkwind when they were touring this album in 71' the concert then was like an extended version of "Silver Machine" or thats what it felt like. Time passed by and I decided to relive the Space dream and guess what the album is ok but to me sounds like and extended version of Silver Machine, the rifts for this famous song are rife on most of the album. I never really did get Hawkwind but I listen and enjoyed some it. Only 3 stars because they must be good but I just don't get it!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Album, 23 Jan. 2015
This review is from: In Search Of Space (MP3 Download)
Great album. If you are into Hawkwind it's excellent or if you are interested in listening to some of the groups music to get a feel for it, its awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars SpaceRock, 26 Nov. 2013
Pedro (MK England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In Search Of Space (Audio CD)
Takes me back, still have this LP but no longer have a turntable to play it! CD has extra tracks Silver Machine not on original

5.0 out of 5 stars Silver Machine, 30 Jan. 2014
This review is from: In Search Of Space (Audio CD)
Just brilliant.....cant stop playing it and i`m nearly 70 !!...but got to have it really loud...so think I`m going deaf now !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes me back, 7 July 2013
This review is from: In Search Of Space (MP3 Download)
Everything about this record takes me back to seeing these guys at the Windsor Park free festival........they were great days.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of thier best, 9 July 2013
This review is from: In Search Of Space (Audio CD)
Play it loud and play it lots and consider going to see them live again . . . live long and prosper :)
It makes sense

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 13 April 2014
This review is from: In Search Of Space (Audio CD)
Husband was well impressed with this, said sounds better remastered than the original one that he has, still enjoying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars CD HAWKWIND, 3 Jan. 2014
This review is from: In Search Of Space (Audio CD)
Well what can I Say, takes me back this one, The only album worth listening to by this Band. Ahead of their time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories are made of this, 21 Jun. 2013
This review is from: In Search Of Space (Audio CD)
A classic album from my distant past. The vinyl wore out long ago - it's been good to relive old memories.

In Search Of Space
In Search Of Space by Hawkwind (Audio CD - 2001)