Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 October 2006
Okay, i bought this album having only heard 'at your funeral'. When i first put it in i admit I found it hard to get into it (just like everyone of this bands albums) but when i did it is absolutly BRILLIANT! Any genuine lover of good music will like this, every track is brilliant but stand out tracks for me are 'at your funeral', 'see you', 'certain tragedy', 'as your ghost takes flight' and lastly 'this is not an exit'. All the tracks are very catchy with clever lyrics and i rate this album as one of my favourites ever!

Buy this album! You can't go wrong!

Also, if you like this CD, check out 'Say Anything'!
on 26 June 2014
Have been hunting for this for a long time and sadly it arrived broken and badly damaged. Very upset as it was meant as a gift. Would have been nice if it had been labelled as fragile or handle with care so people knew to be more careful with it. Hopefully the replacement will reach me in tact so the person it was meant for can listen to this awesome record on such a lovely format!
on 24 June 2004
There's something almost sad about a band that can write lyrics with such dark and depressing undercurrents, and yet, Saves the Day disguise them within music of such sounds of contentment and pulled together harmonies that you may not initially notice what really lies under the music. "Stay what you Are" did, in the bands own words, "render me freakish and dazed" the more I listened to it. I really did not know what to make of such young men who appeared to have gone through so much heartache and have so much hatred to the past. And yet, whatever their reasons, they have constructed such an inspiring and all-together album, the reasons don't really seem all that important anymore. This is a record, which every alternative music fan should have in their collection, whether you listen to it every day, or even once a month. It will open your eyes to a new perspective of free-style talent in which cunningly disguised lyrics are just as important as the rhythms themselves.
on 7 November 2001
I took a bit of a risk when i purchased this, because i didnt really enjoy one of their previous releases, "dont slow down", but when i first listened to "stay what you are", i realised how much they had evolved as a band. this really is a beautiful album, the lyrics are clever and the every chorus is insanely catchy. Along with The Ataris "end is forever", this is the best realease of 2001.
on 12 March 2005
Having never heard anything by Saves The Day before, I was dubious of how they'd impress me. I like to think I have an open mind toward music (I bought Dookie having never heard it), and Saves The Day certainly proves to me that bands like this can make great music. Despite never having heard Saves The Day previously, I have to say that I found myself unable to get their songs out of my head. Freakish and As Your Ghost Takes Flight particularly stick in my mind as two of the most catchy tunes out there
on 18 June 2004
This was the first emo record I ever bought, way back in 2002. Since then I have worked up a huge collection of really brilliant music, but this is still, by far, the best. I can't really put my finger on what it is I like about it so much, but I do know it's really hard to take it out my stereo.
It's one of those albums that makes you feel so much love your heart aches. You know that feeling? I cannot recommend this album enough to anyone with even the slightest thought of buying it. It is absolutely flawless.