5.0 out of 5 stars Vegtastic, 1 Nov 2000
By A Customer
Knees up Mother Brown!
When I first heard this album I was instantly reminded of days gone by, as well as fortified for the days ahead. This is music from a previous generation, an older, wiser generation, of men who love London and in may ways *are* London. 'Snooker Loopy' has to be my all time fave by these bearded boys but anything will do when they get their hands on their joanna and start a-tinklin'.
I work on a busy East End fruit and veg stall and with this music I can keep going all day. I dish out the broccoli and carrots to all the old dears and then the kiwi fruit and kumquats to the young Londoners I love so well. They rush past me with their briefcases stuffed to the seams with important documents as they return to their Stoke Newington pads but when they hear the tunes I'm playing they instantly remember their birthright of 'Roll out the barrel' and 'Colonel Bogey'. They may be busy 'labellers' by day but give 'em a bit of Chas 'n Dave and they're back in their childhoods again.
If you want to really recover those lost sounds of old London then buy this album - it will cast your mind back to the days of solidarity and municipal pride in the state of the Manor.
May I also recommend a companion piece to this star buy in the shape of Peter Ackroyd's new biography of London. Listen to one while you read the other. After all, Chas and Dave give you top liner notes!
Rock on, read on, and keep on buying my veggi veggi!

5.0 out of 5 stars Track Listing, 23 April 2011
Mrs. Stephanie J. Ball "Barries Discs UK" (Staffs Moorlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rock and Roll Party (Audio CD)
Remember All Cds Listed By Barries Discs UK Are Now Buy 1 Get 1 Free....

01. Medley:- a. Hound Dog b. High School Confidential c. I Go Ape d. Sea Cruise e. She Said Yeh.

02. Medley:- a. Treat Me Nice b. Whole Lotta Woman c. Teddy Bear d. Girl Can't Help It e. Party.

03. Medley:- a. Ain't That A Shame b. I'm In Love Again c. Think It Over d. That'll Be The Day e. Be My Guest.

04. Medley:- a. Lawdy Miss Clawdy b. I Hear You Knocking c. Mess Of Blues d. Money Honey.

05. Medley:- a. Yakety Yak b. Baby That Is Rock 'n' Roll c. Big Blon' Baby d. All Around The World e. Charlie Brown.

06. Medley:- a. One Night b. Only You c. Love Me d. To Know Him Is To Love Him e. Send Me Some Lovin'

07. Medley:- a. Blood Shot Eyes b. I'm Walkin' c. All By Myself d. My Blue Heaven.

08. Medley:- a. Will You Love Me Tomorrow b. Maybe Baby c. Tallahassee Lassie d. Dream Lover e. You Must Have Been A Beautiful Baby.

09. Medley:- a. Heartbeat b. Three Steps To Heaven c. Stupid Cupid d. Yep e. I'm A Hog For You Bab.

10. Medley:- a. Breakup b. Mona Lisa c. I'll Sail My Ship Alone d. Great Balls Of Fire e. Big Hunk Of Love f. Got A Lot O' Livin' To Do g. Rip It Up h. Jenny Jenny i. Bonie Maronie j. Rock 'n' Roll Music.

11. Medley:- a. Rabbit b. Gertcha c. Margate d. Ain't No Pleasing You e. Sideboard Song.

Remember All Cds Listed By Barries Discs UK Are Now Buy 1 Get 1 Free....

5.0 out of 5 stars great singalong!, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: Rock 'n' Roll Party (Audio CD)
I am a pensioner and bought this for my friend and I.Great pick me up for a cold grey day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy listening, 30 Mar 2014
This review is from: Rock 'n' Roll Party (Audio CD)
Its always nice to put a Chas and Dave cd on in the car its very nice and relaxing cd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Present, 16 May 2013
This review is from: Rock and Roll Party (Audio CD)
I bought this for my husband as he likes all music that has got a good beat , apart from the Mavericks that means anything similar to Abba or 60's music. He really enjoyed this and it has taken up residence in his car.

Rock 'n' Roll Party
Rock 'n' Roll Party by Chas & Dave (Audio CD - 2001)