4.0 out of 5 stars First steps to spelling...
My 4 year old daughter really took to this game and had no idea she was learning to spell I'm sure.
Published on 19 Mar. 2006 by Plumbline

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published 16 months ago by MillieMay

4.0 out of 5 stars First steps to spelling..., 19 Mar. 2006
This review is from: My First Scrabble (Toy)
The full alphabet is divided into groups of coloured tiles. The words are similarly colour coded so that a child shouldn't be put off finding a letter in a particular word if you show them that they just need to look at the colour of the letter first. Then they only have to search for the correct letter out of a small group of letters all the same colour instead of the whole alphabet. My daughter soon was keen to show she could do it by just finding the letter rather than the colour. Level 1 just starts spelling words like 'cat' whilst higher levels move onto 'pear' and bean' showing different sounds made by 'ea'.
A great precursor to junior scrabble.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 5 years old loves it!, 23 April 2008
In her own words -
It was so fun. And it made me felt good when I knew that I could spell. Some words were easy for me. I think moms should buy this toys for their kids. It's better than watching TV.

4.0 out of 5 stars Scrabble starter, 5 Dec. 2009
D. Tompkins (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My First Scrabble (Toy)
This is a good starting point for scrabble type games. It is limited by having one copy of the alphabet plus an other set of vowels. The word cards are designed so you have enough letters for each card. The cards are not particularly robust.

5.0 out of 5 stars my first scrabble, 5 Mar. 2013
This review is from: My First Scrabble (Toy)
My 5 year old loves this game. He will sit on his own working through each of the cards spelling the words. I only wish I had bought it for him when he was 4. I'm at primary teacher and this is a really good game to help with letter recognition and word building.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scrabble, 22 May 2014
This review is from: My First Scrabble (Toy)
Bought children's scrabble for a adult friend who is very ill and cannot remember much at the moment, we had great fun playing the game together as it was not too difficult, and helped her to remember letters etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars My First Scrabble, 13 Jan. 2014
This review is from: My First Scrabble (Toy)
The item under review was a Christmas gift for my 3 year old great-niece. I am told that she plays with it quite happily, so it would seem to have an ideal present.

5.0 out of 5 stars very educational, 26 April 2013
This review is from: My First Scrabble (Toy)
is absolutely worth the money and my daughter loves it and is help her learn how to spell and she is only 3yrs old. We definitely recommend this item

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 28 Dec. 2013
This review is from: My First Scrabble (Toy)
I bought this for my nearly 4year old granddaughter who knows all her letter sounds so I thought it would help with word building and reading. However this is not a game like other Scrabble but more a learning tool, as only one can play at a time. It has the potential to be excellent but is let down by a few minor shortfalls. The letter a is in the wrong font for young learners and in level 1 instead if keeping to simple 3 letter words like cat, hen, sun, etc, double sound blends such as dr, fl, oo, oa are used which is a shame and unnecessary in level 1 as there are other levels to introduce them. The letters are colour coded which is a great advantage as children don't have to search through all the letters to find the ones they need, and also makes putting the letters back in their place easy. Another downside is the cards are very flimsy and will need to be laminated if they are going to last any time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Jan. 2015
Mr. S. Allen (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My First Scrabble (Toy)
Great Christmas present for a nephew. He loves it :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Aug. 2014
Mrs. Monica Major (Grampound Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My First Scrabble (Toy)
excellent condition and exactly as descrfibed

My First Scrabble