5.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous toy.
Published on 1 Jan 2004 by Fran

2.0 out of 5 stars Do you ever get the feeling you are been ripped off?
Published 18 months ago by Aunty Ange

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous toy., 1 Jan 2004
Fran (Isle of Man United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOMY Megasketcher (Toy)
This drawing board has provided hours of fun for our 7yr. old daughter who has downs syndrome. It is extremely durable and she takes it everywhere with her using it to communicate, to get people to draw on it for her& to amuse herself. Her dexterity has improved considerably and she just loves it. We now have it nine months and it is still going strong. Before we bought it we had other drawing boards which could not compete

5.0 out of 5 stars every child should have one of these, 1 Aug 2007
Mrs. C. J. Cubbon (Stafford, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: TOMY Megasketcher (Toy)
This sort of toy is absolutely superb. We have had one of these for years and it is STILL used almost every day by my boys aged 7 and 9....there are not many toys that last like this !Obviously great for encouraging handwriting but also great for playing games - look no further for the perfect toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lasting favourite, 30 Sep 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: TOMY Megasketcher (Toy)
Had this for over a year now and it's still a firm favourite with all 3 of my kids, ranging from 21 months to 7 years (the eldest plays hangman on it). Like the other reviewer said it's great for car trips. The pen being on a string means it doesn't get lost, but we have lost one of the four stamper shapes as they are not attached. This toy is very durable. It's been trodden on, thrown about and had drinks spilled on it, but still works fine. Easy to recommend.

2.0 out of 5 stars Do you ever get the feeling you are been ripped off?, 8 Jan 2013
Aunty Ange (North Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: TOMY Megasketcher (Toy)
As a childminder I usually have about three or four of these. A couple of them were just about unusable as they get a lot of use and were not rubbing out very well any more so I bought one in December (from Argos - sorry amazon but can't seem to review it on their site) and it no longer has an automatic return on the screen wiper so I thought it might be broken already.

I found the telephone number for Tomy and when I called I was told that it wasn't broken, the automated ones were costing too much to make and therefore they had changed them. This is a rip off as the quality is not as good as the previous ones (the screen is not as tough as if they press a bit hard you can see the words they have written scratched on the plastic and they don't rub out as well as they used to) and they no longer have the automatic return and yet they have not got any cheaper - yes there are discounts about but they are around the same price as they have been for the last five years taking inflation into account and there is nothing on any of the product details to say they have changed them.

I will not be buying any more megasketchers, I will be trying other models instead - I have purchased about ten in the last three years and previously thought they were great.....

Hope this is helpful to anyone looking to buy one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never run out of paper again!, 7 Sep 2001
tobe (Slough, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOMY Megasketcher (Toy)
This is a lot of fun at first, but after time can still be pulled out in an emergency (especially travel) to give them something to do. A particularly good thing about this one is that it comes with little stamps, too, as well as the standard pen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Built to last, 30 Sep 2007
Jonathan Gregson (Wirral, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOMY Megasketcher (Toy)
Solid, robust construction. Going well almost three years later. Educational toy - helping our daughter with her drawing and writing. No worries about drawing on walls with felt tips especially with a 2 year old brother.
They love it so much we had to buy another one for him.
Recommended for hours of fun and learning.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 14 Jan 2013
Alan White (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOMY Megasketcher (Toy)
Nice and big... but the only problem is that, aside from the cheap plastic, our one started leaking iron filings out of the front. Which is not particularly safe.

4.0 out of 5 stars magnetic writer, 18 Jan 2013
Karen Vaughan (Greece) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
My kids have had various versions and makes of this type of drawing board, and all eventually leave shadows which won't wipe clean and so eventually we have to replace the board. However, this appears to be the best board we have ever bought. What we all thought was good about this board was :
a)the board is not made up of closely packed honeycomb cells which fill up one by one as they usually are. Consequently the lines you draw are cleaner and you can acheive much more detail on this board.
b) The frame is a very sturdy strong construction and should not crack and warp as more flimsy models have.
c) The magnetic stamps are interesting shapes, (spiral, star, house and an... (not sure)crown/eye?) and are not solid, giving an outline rather than a filled in shape. Most boards give a square, circle etc- very basic. These are more imaginative.

Without doubt it is the best magnetic board I have bought and I would recommend it. As a toy I recommend all parents to get one- my children don't object to learning their spelings if they can write the answers on the board, and also we take it in turns to read stories and illustate them using the boards- this encourages their reading. Plus the obvious saving in paper.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad quality, 12 April 2013
This review is from: TOMY Megasketcher (Toy)
Really surprised at the low quality of this toy - expected better from the brand. The lines of the swiper are visible under the screen; it takes several swipes back and forth to erase; it's flimsy and cheap-looking. It seems like something you'd buy from the pound shop, not something you'd pay over 10 for. Very disappointed. Wish we'd gone for another brand.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor Quality!, 10 Aug 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: TOMY Megasketcher (Toy)
I purchased 3 of the Tomy Megasketchers for my Three and Half year old Triplet Boys. On receipt I found them all to be of very poor quality and had to return one because the screen had a 'Bubble' on it so the Stencils and Pen wouldn't work properly so therefore it didn't erase correctly either! As a result of having to send this one back and re order I now have one very disappointed Three year old! My daughter now 13 had one of these when she was about Five, it has been handed down to younger members of our family but is still going strong now and is far superior quality to the 3 I ordered! I don't think for one minute that the 3 Megasketchers I ordered will last that long!
Very disappointed!!!