5.0 out of 5 stars Superb
As a photographer who swears by prime lenses, I've never really adopted zooms as part of my essential kit. This lens, however, has changed my mind. It's very fast, autofuses superbly and produces the most uniform bokeh (back- foreground blur) I have seen in my work. I have the stunning 85mm 1.4, and the 70-200 competes - in terms of bokeh - with this.

Lens...
Published on 17 Feb 2007 by Wayne Stroud

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much hype
Published on 28 Dec 2009 by L. Harker

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L USM Lens (Accessory)
Now my favourite lens. I dropped it after 2 weeks, gutted!!! luckily it only smashed the skylight. Seems to be working ok since said incident.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lives up to its positive reputation, 18 Oct 2013
This review is from: Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L USM Lens (Accessory)
My old (second-hand) 70-200 f4 died on me and was beyond economical repair.

After much soul searching and praying to the great god Lotto-balls. I spend my hard earned scarce cash on this little beauty.

Good fast delivery - lovely chunky feel to it and although I'm still learning to use the lens to its full potential, the images (when I get it right) are stunning.

Well pleased that I bought it

5.0 out of 5 stars My new love, 14 Oct 2013
This review is from: Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L USM Lens (Accessory)
I love this lens. It has a fantastic zoom, works well in low light and throws the background out on images brilliant with it's fantastic depth of field. I would recommend this lens to anyone who is seriously into photography and who will use it how it is designed to be used. If you are an amateur photographer who is still learning the ropes I would recommend saving some money and buying the cheaper f4 version, but that is just my opinion and the decision is completely up to you.

Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensively grand, 31 Dec 2012
Mr. J. D. Barker "JonandBT" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L USM Lens (Accessory)
Incredibly heavy lens, especially compared to the 28mm 1.8 I've been using at the same time, but great in low light, fast focus, quick to zoom and so crisp.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Product, 8 Mar 2009
This review is from: Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L USM Lens (Accessory)
Fantastic product, for sports or other photography. Comes with covers and protective soft carry case. Brilliant, can't fault it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much hype, 28 Dec 2009
L. Harker (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L USM Lens (Accessory)
After doing my research on this product it seemed like the holy grail of lenses, and that purchasing it would make my life complete, what it actually is, is a way overpriced but well made lens that Canon have managed to make highly desirable. It has such a draw that it is almost worth buying as a good investment, second hand prices remain high and public respect is its biggest asset. While it hasn't greatly improved my photography, it has turned some heads in the street, so if you don't have this mm range covered by another lens, and you want the kudos of owning one, then get ready to pay through the teeth.

ARRAY(0xa7d03f84)