4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars
wonderfully camp b movie
Published 9 days ago by Mr. Peter Dubois

2.0 out of 5 stars Regions
I am a big fan of all the old Universal Monster Movies so was delighted when I found these advetised as all regions. I was very disapointed when they arrived to find they are region 1. So wont play on my device. I can only watch them on my laptop
Published 22 months ago by Stephen Russell

2.0 out of 5 stars Regions, 7 Feb 2013
This review is from: Mummy's Ghost & Mummy's Curse [DVD] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor and average, 27 Sep 2007
S J Buck (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
The Mummys Ghost and the Mummys Curse are both late Universal horror films being made in 1944. Sadly by this time Universal had lost their ability to make classic horror films and were about to enter the Abbott and Costello meet the Wolfman era.

Curse is the better of two films and warrants the 3 stars I have awarded the pair. Indeed this film has one classic scene that must rank as one of the best scenes in any of Universals horror films. Watch when Princess Ananka awakes from the mud. This is really well done and has an almost 3D effect to it. Sadly though the rest of the film is at best average and rather pointlessly for a short 61 minute movie its starts with a song in a bar.

The less said about Ghost the better. Its only redeeming feature was the ending which was very unlike Hollywood. For that it deserves credit.

Overall though these are basically very average films, which certainly do not compare with Universals orginal film starring Boris Karloff. Now that is a film you should be buying!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 15 Dec 2014
Mr. Peter Dubois "duboispedro" (Pedz Essex) - See all my reviews
wonderfully camp b movie

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 11 Nov 2014
Mr. Colin Fox (queensland AUSTRALIA) - See all my reviews
entertaining

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 11 April 2013
Daniel "Danny Harris" (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
Classic monster movies from an era long past. Loved these films when I was a kid and delighted to be able to watch them again.

Mummy's Ghost & Mummy's Curse [DVD] [US Import] [NTSC]