5.0 out of 5 stars Style never goes out of fashion
Published on 2 Dec. 2002 by Mr D J Mountford

1.0 out of 5 stars Commercialised rehash !
Published on 7 Jun. 2001

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Style never goes out of fashion, 2 Dec. 2002
Mr D J Mountford (Solihull, West Midlands United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Renaissance (Audio CD)
I am a huge Lionel fan. I have ever solo album that he has ever recorded so I was bound to buy this one as soon as it was released. I have always been a big admirer of his work and thought such classics like "Easy", "Hello" and "All night long" could never be beaten. Imagine my suprise when I discover this is the best album he has ever written, every song equally as soulful and imaginative as anything he has ever written you will be amazed by tracks such as "tender heart","how long" and my personal favourite "it maybe the water". This is an album that belongs in the archive of legendary music as there is a different track to capture each and every mood and emotion in the human soul. If you are a lionel Richie fan or just some one who enjoys good music then I would recommend you buy this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lionel the king is kinging, 5 Aug. 2001
This review is from: Renaissance (Audio CD)
The long awaited return of the king lionel richie is no dissapointment. Renaissance begins with the lively 'Angel' which sets us well and truly on our way. The ballady Cinderella follows and song three is a return of the good old Lionel. The album moves on from strength to strength all of the way. Song 13 and the albums last is aptly named 'Don't stop the music'
One fine album from one fine artist. I also recommend all of Lionel's previous work for those who don't have it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Commercialised rehash !, 7 Jun. 2001
This review is from: Renaissance (Audio CD)
What a disappointment ! After the raving reviews on this site, I eagerly ordered Renaissance only to find that the content depicted the exact translation of the title - Born Again - rehashed copies of his former hits. I found the tunes too commercially 'pop' - no toe-tapping melodies that circulate endlessly in your head, and the lyrics absolutely mindblowingly clichéd and predictable. Try again Lionel !

5.0 out of 5 stars Lionel never disappoints., 14 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Renaissance (Audio CD)
I bought this album when it was first released but it did not include the track 'I forgot'. As the media have been promoting Lionel's tour this year 2012 and I am a big fan I thought i'd have a few 'Lionel CD sessions' to prepare me once again to see him live. I have every Lionel Richie album so thought I would purchase Renaissance again but the updated version with 'I forgot' on it. It is a great album and I would recommend it to everyone, Lionel Richie fan or not, you will not be disappointed. Don't forget to catch him live also, as he's sure to include some of the songs from this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lionel's work is TRULY Rennisanced, 24 Oct. 2000
This review is from: Renaissance (Audio CD)
Lionel's work is TRULY Rennisanced! I am a fan from the States and had this album imported because it is not released there yet. The album is truly an evolution for Lionel. Up tempo and dance songs like "Angel," "Don't Stop the Music," and "Piece of my Heart" are awesome! Everyone I have played it to has loved it. Also "Cinderella" is an istant classic along with "Just Can't Say Goodbye." This album will put Lionel back in the mainstream where he belongs! Keep up the great work Lionel. All around the world we are "Truly" thankful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Richie's evolution!, 20 Oct. 2000
This review is from: Renaissance (Audio CD)
Richie's new album has focused on the essence of music, entertaining. Without leaving out the ballads, and slowness, the Renaissance, like many others hav also flowed smoothly from ears to ears, soothing hearts, lighten souls and heating ambience in many rooms. Cinderella has the Latin essence, a reflection of current trend of Latin, Tender heart, Tonight, and piece of my heart have been great and awesome! In overall, Splendid album for the Millennium, Richie! Don't stop the music, as the last song in Renaissance played! Keep it on and I shall get another release with faith!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lionel's Millennium Renaissance, 18 Mar. 2001
This review is from: Renaissance (Audio CD)
With 'Renaissance', Lionel Richie returns to the classic sound of earlier albums, but with a new spin. Dance track 'Angel' is a combination of his beautiful lyrics and a really good beat, as with 'Tonight' and 'Don't Stop The Music'. There is also a Latin flavour with 'Cinderella', and smooth ballads such as 'How Long'. I could rave about each and every single track, because all thirteen have their bonuses. Having recently rediscovered Lionel's classic voice, this CD was perfect, and my only regret was that I didn't hear about it sooner!

4.0 out of 5 stars Renaissance - Lionel Richie, 17 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Renaissance (Audio CD)
I bought this CD as I have always liked the music of Lionel Richie but never purchased any. I liked him in the Commodores then went he went solo I appreciated his music even more. I decided on this album because I had heard bits and pieces from it, and I was not disappointed, in fact I tend to keep playing it. It is just one of those albums that is great to keep listening to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement, 30 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Renaissance (Audio CD)
Having moved house I realised that despite packing everything away, some items still went on a wander. This CD included - one of Richie's later albums but one of my favourites of his. Very good CD and quick delivery, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price and delivery, 19 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Renaissance (Audio CD)
Having loved this album for years and having recently damaged my old copy just had to replace it.Delivery was very quick and the price amazing and completely happy with my purchase

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Renaissance
Renaissance by Lionel Richie (Audio CD - 2002)