5.0 out of 5 stars Lightning strike, 6 Sep 2012
This review is from: Dread Locks Dread (Audio CD)
Big Yout' - probably the greatest toaster ever (Knowledgeable reggae fans all over the world gasp in shock and reach for their U-Roy albums!)
This is my fave toasting set. Love U-Roy...love I-Roy! Prince Jazzbo - wow! Yabba Yout...Tapper Zukie...love all that stuff.......
But you have to remember....."Lightning strike anda weak 'eart drop".
I think that says it all, me bredren and sistren, don't you?
His greatest album. Oh, and, by the way...love de teet'!

5.0 out of 5 stars Less is MORE, 1 July 2012
This review is from: Dread Locks Dread (Audio CD)
This record is Infectious , BIG Youth is a MC second to none . The secret to this records HIGH standard is it's diversity , Toasting , vocals , versions , dubs , great rythems and a YABBY YOU production , shear BLISS .

5.0 out of 5 stars dread, 4 Feb 2011
This review is from: Dread Locks Dread (Audio CD)
Your tuned to force radio one in the land, with a temperature of 85 degrees for a night, kinda warm in Kingston today baby....
This album is probably the most important and greatest reggae albums of all time.
The gang of four recently played a track from it on their session for radio 6..

5.0 out of 5 stars A forgotten Reggae Masterpiece, 19 Sep 2011
D. Beeston (STONE, Staffordshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dread Locks Dread (Audio CD)
I have enjoyed listening to Reggae Music for almost 40 years, but this is one album that I keep going back to. From the first chord until the last there is not a single 'duff' track in sight. If you are like me you will recognize that some albums have a magical quality about them that defies description but at the same time communicates 'completeness.' This is one of those albums. When I look at my record collection I can see that this happens (at least for me it does) about once in every couple of hundred album releases. Here are some examples; The National - Boxer; Kate Bush - The Hounds of Love; Joy Division - Joy Division; The Turbines - Last Dance til Highway; Noah and the Whale: The First Day of Spring. I am sure you will have your own equivalent list. Give this album a chance and you won't be disappointed, whether your new to reggae or an old hand this is one album you cant miss!

Dread Locks Dread
Dread Locks Dread by Big Youth (Audio CD - 1990)