5.0 out of 5 stars Does what you need
No worries, no fuss hood fits straight onto the lens with no drama, pictures look fine with no flare issues
Published on 17 Sep 2008 by Robinho

3.0 out of 5 stars Take care over which hood you are buying
Bought this lens hood as part of the "buy all three" click option which accompanied a lens I was also buying. Hood is fine and fits well but the EW-78B2 version is different to the Canon EW-78D version in that it seems to fit at 90 degrees to how it should. This means that it looks "right" when the camera is tilted sideways taking upright shots. I suppose this is as...
Published on 19 May 2009 by DLS Plastics Brewis

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what you need, 17 Sep 2008
Robinho (Haverhill, Suffolk,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon EW-78B2 Lens Hood for EF28-135mm f3.5-5.6 USM IS (Accessory)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 8 Oct 2008
M. R. Davies "Maleko" (UK - Stoke-on-Trent) - See all my reviews
Fits the lens perfectly, has a nice fabric feel on the inside for that pro feeling to it.
It isn't overly big, nice size and shape.

Does the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the REAL THING!, 6 Dec 2009
Angela Fernandez (Rochester, Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
There really is nothing like the 'real thing' you know. I had recently purchased a used but mint condition Canon EF camera lens for my EOS digital SLR camera with a lens hood included in the purchase. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a 'compatable' lens hood, one manufactured independantly and NOT by Canon. It was very poor quality and a compromise in design.

I purchased this GENUINE Canon lens hood to replace it and boy, what a difference! Excellent quality product which is finished professionally, fits properly and even more importantly, is designed to 'work' specifically 'with' the Canon lens I had earlier purchased.

Substitutes simply do not compare!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality hood, high price, 24 Sep 2011
R.E. Viewer (Scotland, UK.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Designed for the EF 28 - 135 lens, and you can tell. Fits well, turn to a click, with markers than line up to show it has not come loose. Nice size to it, pretty big. I have had no issues at all with this hood, does the job it was meant for.

I am sure it is better quality that many copies out there and would not consider using my 28 - 135 (which is a nice lens) without it.

I could not possibly give this 5 stars though, as for what is basically just a piece of moulded plastic, it is too expensive. I know anything that says Canon on it usually is, but it could surely be made and sold with profit at a lower price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth paying the extra for, 13 Dec 2010
B. Smith - See all my reviews
I originally bought a cheap version...big mistake, it wouldn't fit properly on my lens, once on I almost had to break it to get it off again. I bought this, fitted perfectly, just goes to show, sometimes it's worth paying the extra bit for a "proper" one

4.0 out of 5 stars My review Canon Lens Hood, 17 July 2010
I. Draper (Northants UK) - See all my reviews
Bought the Lens after a lot of problems with a naff online company and still waiting for my refund!

Avoid Crazy Cameras like the plague!

Good old Jessops let me have their last one in-store but of course I then found it comes without a hood. How rude is that for Canon!

Amazon to the rescue as always. [Tarat-tara!!!] Good and speedy response and as always an efficient delivery system.

The hood is good, but I do have problems fixing it on especially in non-use/carry mode, i.e reversing the blade direction. It maybe needs a bit of lube?

Notice lots of enthusiasts seem to be impressed with my chunky Canon 50D and with the 28-135 lens and its new mate!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 21 April 2010
Good quality hood that does what is says on the tin. Four stars because I think it was a bit expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoodie............, 16 Jun 2009
Super service from Amazon and a Lens Hood which I am able to fit perfectly on my lens! I do not leave home without my "hoodie".

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, bit pricey, 8 Feb 2009
M. Green - See all my reviews
Good product but I brought in error. Make sure that the lens hood you buy is the correct one for your lens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 9 April 2014
Really spot on. Well made and does exactly what it says on the tin. Much better made than the cheaper copies. And it is lined to stop light reflecting off the plastic.