4.0 out of 5 stars Works Great
The canon ET-60 Lens hood works very well on the canon 55-250mm f4-5.6 is lens, I have been using it for rally shots in dusty and wet conditions in the forest. Its great protection for your lens and works well with the light.
Published on 22 April 2010 by Wyn L. Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars o.k.
This lens hood is good for what it does. It shades the lens in low sunshine and eliminates flare, o.k. being solid it takes up a bit of space in the bag, my only real crib is that when its fitted its not possible to rotate the polarizing filter, so the options are polarizing filter and no hood or hood and no filter.
Published on 15 Oct. 2011 by dw

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, 22 April 2010
Wyn L. Jones "tinmanwyn" (Cardigan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon ET-60 Lens Hood For EF 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6/2, /3, USM/2, USM/3, EF-S 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6 IS (Camera)

4.0 out of 5 stars Warninig: it does not fit the EF 70-300mm, 30 Mar. 2010
Marcel (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I know it doesn't say it does in the description, but I chanced it because I needed a hood and this is the original manufacturer's brand; so this is just to warn others, it doesn't fit the EF 70-300mm lens. The hood is a 3 lug fitting and the EF 70-300mm lens only has 2 lugs.

It does however fit the EFS 18-55mm and works well. I knocked it down a star because it's expensive for what it is and a bulky bit of plastic; I wish I'd got something collapsible. It twists on and copes with other filters being attached already, such as UV and Polarizing. Even with my sausage fingers I can get the lens cap on and off with this fitted (just). I just wish it fitted a broader range of canon lenses.

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 12 April 2009
Bought this lens hood for my Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom AF Lens, and it fits perfectly well. It also sits okay on the stock lens I got with my Canon EOS 400D.

Although it does the job, it does look a bit clumsy when on your lens and makes it look like a torpedo...but hey, it does the job it's meant to and it is specific for the lens I bought it for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suppose it works :), 16 Jun. 2010
MIB (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
I'm a newbie to DSLR photography.

I got carried away and bought one of these for a Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS lens, purely because I thought it looks cool on the lens.

Seems to do the trick. A little bit expensive for a bit of (very good quality) plastic, but still worth it.

It would be nice, if Canon included these with all their lenses and not just their really expensive ones.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works (how could it not?), but silly money, 5 Sept. 2011
David P (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Bought this to go on our new Canon 55-250 lens. It fits, and of course it does its job. It will also fit on reversed for easy stowing in the bag when out and about.

But the price for a simple plastic moulding that must cost about 4p to churn out is ridiculous, and costs it a star. When you are paying hundreds of pounds for a lens, Canon really should include one of these with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars If only it was cheaper. (or came with the lens), 15 July 2009
D. McAvoy - See all my reviews
I purchased this item not too long ago and it arrived promptly. Good service from the company.

Now, to the product, for what it is this lens hood is extremely overpriced. its simply a piece of plastic with the appropriate fitting on one end to attach it to your lens. I would've given it 5 stars if it was either much, much cheaper, or if it came with the lens in the first place. Get it sorted Canon.

However, despite these complaints, I cannot fault the product itself. I put it on the end of my 75-300mm USM lens on my 400D and took a few shots around my house. I instantly noticed a boost in contrast and sharpness. this hood really works. You notice it even more outdoors, no more do the photos look hazy or dull and glare is no more. Combine it with Canon's "clear" picture style, which is designed to help with telephoto shots and the photos are amazing.

It also fits onto my 18-55mm kit lens, however when used on this it shows in the corners at wider focal lengths.

And the best part is, it makes you look, and feel more professional when out and about with your camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works OK, 21 April 2006
C. Hatfield (Leafy Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
It's a lot of money for a bit of plastic that must have cost all of 50p to make. However if, like me, you have need of a lens hood for a 75-300mm canon lens, then this is your baby.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it's meant to do!, 13 May 2009
Mr. David A. Chilton (West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this lens hood mainly because I was fed up with taking my camera out in slight rain or a misty day and find that the water droplets had marked the front of the lens. This is so anoying!! As I noticed the dots every time I took pictures with a sky blue background and had to spot heal them away every time in photoshop. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the hood also fits my EF-S 18-55mm IS but does crop the picture below about 25mm but even still a bonus! I haven't taken many pictures into direct sunlight to notice the effect but I'm sure it does the job fine. It's a cheap piece of kit for the peace of mind that spots won't get onto your lens and you'll avoid/reduce lens flare. The fact that it makes the lens (EF-S 55-250mm IS) look great is also a bit of a bonus for those looking to look a bit more pro with your kit lens!!
Build is fine and it fixes onto the lens very easily.
Great buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful extra, but overpriced, 5 Oct. 2011
Having recently bought a Canon 550D and some lenses I decided to get a lens hood to try to reduce as much stray light as possible from entering the lens (generally always a good thing, and especially true of astrophotography).

I decided to buy the Canon original to try and ensure as much compatibility with as many of my lenses as possible (after all, you could only have one lens on the camera at any one time). This has proved to be the case: the ET-60 Lens Hood with its three lug connector system fitted the stock EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS lens that came with the camera and both the EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 IS lens and EF 75-300mm f4-5.6 III lens I subsequently bought. In each case the hood fitted over the lens-cap and was secured with a slight clockwise twist, and it was possible (just) to remove and replace the lens-cap with the hood in place.

Since buying the hood the weather's been pants, so I've not yet had much opportunity to try it out. However, just a note to any potential buyers: while trying it out at home with the 18-55mm lens, the hood came into the field of view at the 18mm end of the lens (effectively giving a 'through a tube' view through the lens), which disappeared as the lens was zoomed to the 25mm range and beyond.

The hood could be reverse-mounted onto the lenses if you wanted to, so that it was available but not in use. I found this also had some other effects. For the 55-200mm and 75-300mm lenses, reverse-mounting the lens hood actually covered the focusing ring meaning there was no chance of you accidentally grasping the focusing ring while holding the camera and using the autofocus function. For these two lenses, there was enough of the lens barrel exposed to be able to grasp the zoom ring: unfortunately, for the 18-55mm lens, the lens hood covered the entire length of the barrel, meaning it was impossible to zoom with it reverse-mounted. In addition, becasue the hood is secured to the focusing ring reverse-mounting the hood meant that the entire hood rotated whenever the AF activated meaning that you had to be careful of where you placed your hand. However, this was less of an issue when the hood was secured in its intended position.

All-in-all a reasonable deal for my three lenses, but as others have commented it is only a piece of moulded plastic with the Canon logo printed on it, and as such in my opinion it's probably overpriced. Hopefully (barring sitting on it, standing on it or otherwise damaging it) it should provide a service over a reasonably long time.

3.0 out of 5 stars o.k., 15 Oct. 2011