5.0 out of 5 stars Great budget starter lens for the amatuer/hobbyist
I bought this lens about eight months ago for my Canon 350D. If like me you bought the kit that comes bundled with the 18-55mm lens you'll notice there is a big gap when it comes to zoom/telephoto shots, this is a great budget tele-photo zoom lens that does what it says on the tin, and fills the gap nicely.

I am an amateur photographer at best and still...
Published on 14 Nov 2007 by Sood

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Starter lens
I purchased this lens as an addittion to the 18-55mm kit lens that comes with the Canon 300D. It complements the kit lens to give you a range that you can practice your creative arts with (expanding to big sunsets and most wildlife shots) and is a good price to start with.
More experienced photographers will want to save their cash for the EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM (or...
Published on 4 Feb 2004 by Mr. R. W. Walton

‹ Previous | 1 2 324 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot better than the standard, 8 May 2006
P. Morl "banditloon" (Walton on Thames, Surrey) - See all my reviews
I bought a Canon 75-300mm f4 lens with my 350D in December. I liked the lens but it was slow!! A couple of months later I got my first USM lens and decided to upgrade my 300 lens to the USM.

It's a lot faster than the standard, but can be slow focusing in low light conditions. When the light is right this is a good lens for amatuer photographers, good build quality and does the job well.

3 months of using the USM lens and I've had no problems. I'll be trading it in soon for either a 70-200 f2.8 or 300mm prime lens soon, but this has served it's purpose well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Telephoto Lens, 25 Oct 2012
This review is from: Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Lens (Accessory)
I bought this via Amazon and it arrived right on time, had it for a while now and have used it for my holiday. It is great for wildlife photography and works well on my Canon 1100d. At first I thought the focusing was hard but is perfect with manual focus, especially for wildlife photography. I would not suggest the auto-focus when taking a snap of a bird, they move quickly and at 300mm it can take a while, but with manual focus it is excellent. I would recommend this to anyone for wildlife photography. Love the lens, its lightweight compared to a few others and was at a great price (you may want to add a UV filter to protect the lens or a lens hood) The only downfall is that it doesn't fit Canon's own extender and I now need one. However, I gave it 5 out of 5 because it is a fantastic telephoto lens, defiantly would use it in the future. ;-)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good budget entry to telephoto photography, 18 Nov 2006
brainleek007 (Bracknell) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Lens (Accessory)
I bought this lens for my Canon 400D and have been quite pleased with it so far.

It's got a very good range of focal lengths and for digital SLR cameras with the smaller sensors you'll get something like 110 - 480mm focal lengths!! Things do get a bit 'soft' at the extremes of this range but if you want a cheap telephoto lens and you're not overly demanding you should be fine. If you're looking for super sharpness at all focal lengths and also a big fast aperture then you'll probably need to look elsewhere - F5.6 is all you get at 300 at only F4 at 70mm. Blurred photos will likely result from hand held shots at the 300mm end of things in anything other than bright sunlight.

The lens also gets pretty long when it's used at the extremes of its range - the front section screws out a fair bit so you need to be aware of that especially if you're poking the lens through a gap for example - the end of the lens may not be where you think it is!

But play to the lens's strengths and shoot in good light and you'll find the results really quite good if not earth shattering.

I found the autofocus to be fine - pretty quick so no complaints there. There is no full time manual focus so you need to switch AF off to dis-engage the motor when you're turning the focusing ring.

The lens is good value too. Certainly most other Canon 300mm zooms cost many times what this lens does.

Worth a look if you're on a budget and are not after the absolute best, sharpest, fastest zoom lens going.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value lens, 30 Jan 2014
Caryl Metcalfe "Caryl" (Isle of Skye) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Lens (Accessory)
I needed a telephoto lens for my Canon EOS 600D. I cannot afford those with IS but this works very well and I do not consider it heavy either off or on the camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars very happy with purchase, 3 May 2012
This review is from: Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Lens (Accessory)
this purchase has made a budding photographer very happy and his friends envious. it is ideal for the job, at an excellent price and a good quality product from a known make. it does what is required without being too large or too heavy and is easy to use, and for an A level photography student is perfect as part of his initial 'kit'. I would definitley recommend this to any one else looking for this type of item to help them with their photos. it is a good mid-range size and range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great starter lens, 15 Jan 2011
This review is from: Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Lens (Accessory)
I purchased this lens to use with my EOS 450D.
The reason I bought this (From Swan Dice) rather than the Image Stabalised version was simply due to price.
Made much more sense to me, financially anywhooo :), as the overwhelming majority of my photography is of wildlife or photographing the planets/stars on a tripod.
The performance, auto-focus, is as fast as needed for me and the sharpness of the image is very crisp in my opinion.
The extra weight, when not on a tripod, takes a bit of getting used to and I would personally stick to a tripod or in my case switch to my older 55-200mm as it is a lot lighter .
Great starter lens and well worth the money as it is far superior to the Tamron or Sigma in the same price/performance range.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice lens, 23 Oct 2011
This review is from: Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Lens (Accessory)
For those of us that cant afford the prices of lenses these days then this is the one for you I bought it in a sale from Amazon and I cant tell you how pleased I am with such a cheap lense.I go to the coast in Wales a lot and to use this lense in this enviroment is great, fast enough for the wildlife and used on a tripod steady enough for the more composed shot and it says Canon on the side what more can I say !!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Lens, 2 Jan 2012
This review is from: Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Lens (Accessory)
I am new to photography and by no means an expert, however this lens gives excellent and clear results, I am using the lens with my Canon 1100D DSLR,
And have tested it inside and outdoors, and at low light and midday,the quality is really good for the price paid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant starter!, 2 Aug 2010
This review is from: Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Lens (Accessory)
Excellent lens, bought it in addition to the lens that comes with the Canon 1000D there's a small gap between 18-55mm and the 75-300mm but it fills it very nicely. Brilliant lens for somebody who's just started in photography and it'll last you a long time until you want a better one. It fits the lens hood I bought for it which i was happy about as i did not know wether it would fit. I think the lens would be a great choice for the EOS range of Canon's. It's very light for what it is, so you don't need to worry too much about a tripod just because it's too heavy although a tripod may be useful at the times when you're *waiting* for a shot and your arm starts to ache. Overall, i think it's a nice lens to get, i definitely recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb first long lens - a good budget buy, 13 May 2012
This review is from: Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Lens (Accessory)
Easy to use for the beginner DSLR user and the quality of pictures on full zoom is outstanding (I used a Eos 600D). Quick and easy attachment and release. Same switch on lens for AF/MF and reasonably quiet. Only downside, if Im nitpicking, is that it is a little on the heavy side and is best stabilised with the second hand for shooting.But VERY good value at just over a hundred notes.

‹ Previous | 1 2 324 | Next ›