5.0 out of 5 stars Good to listen a variety of music
Published on 30 Dec 2007 by mike

3.0 out of 5 stars hmm interesting
i think this is a brilliant album with such artists as linkin park, incubus, marylin manson, and the deftones. but the album has a disadvantage. it is put together all wrong, deftones back to school next to wheetus teenage dirtbag, they just dont work. if they make anouther album then they should put the lighter stuff one one disc and put the heavier stuff on the other.
Published on 9 July 2001 by acidburn916@hotmail.com

5.0 out of 5 stars Good to listen a variety of music, 30 Dec 2007
This review is from: Kerrang! - The Album (Audio CD)
I listen to a lot of metal buying in the region of 4 to 5 albums a week. I do find albums like this useful in that I decide if I like the tracks and if I do then I buy the album they are from. In this case I think this is an excellent compilation although not all of it can be lassed as metal, certainly punk/rock styles are included. I did alreday possess a number of the tracks but it was worth purchasing for the tracks I had not heard. If you are unfamiliar, or do not own any of the music on this album, then buy it, you will not be disappointed. The price of a compilation like this makes it worth purchasing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best album to annoy the neighbours with. Fantastic, 8 Aug 2001
This review is from: Kerrang! - The Album (Audio CD)
I was really impressed with the Kerrang! Album. I had not heard of some of the bands on it so was bit unsure about buying it. I'm glad I bought it! It is a great album that has introduced me to some amazing bands. A must for all Kerrang! readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars v. cool, 29 July 2001
This review is from: Kerrang! - The Album (Audio CD)
the song 'control' by puddle of mudd is a class song. this really is a very cool cd, there are some songs that i wouldn't have put on (nu metal like Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach) but the guys who put this together chose a remarkably good selection of songs, with classics like 'Lost Art of Keeping a Secret' and songs by bands i hadn't heard of (like puddle of mudd) all together. You'll probably find you've got a few of the songs on other cds but it really is worth the money, especcially if you're a rock fan. If you aren't you probably won't like it though, so if u r a nu-metal fan (shudder) then don't spend ur pennies.

4.0 out of 5 stars QUITE GOOD!, 12 July 2001
This review is from: Kerrang! - The Album (Audio CD)
I bought this album with the enjoyment of the Kerrang music channel and the weekly magazine. I picked it up and thought what the hell are all these tracks.I bought and to my amazement they were all quite good. Initial thoughts were that the Kerrang album would be full of the massive alternative rock bands e.g Limp Bizkit, Blink 182, Korn e.t.c instead it was full of some great songs. Disk 1 is the best!

3.0 out of 5 stars hmm interesting, 9 July 2001
acidburn916@hotmail.com (writing on his computer said) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Great CD, 4 July 2001
This review is from: Kerrang! - The Album (Audio CD)
I was in shock when I first saw this cd I didn't think cds like this could be made so good. I went and bought it straight away. This CD is one of the best CDs as all the songs are the own and they are all about weird and wonderful things. I would tell recommend this cd if you like this type of music. All my friends have now gone to buy it and it is value for money

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than Average, but still lacking something., 2 July 2001
This review is from: Kerrang! - The Album (Audio CD)
This album will please most readers of Kerrang!, however there are very few tracks which will be new to them. I, for one, already owned most of the tracks on this compilation before I bought it, but there were about 10-15 tracks on it which I didn't own, and was interested to hear. The big names in modern rock are all there; Papa Roach, Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit also unfortunately make it into the album, but the majority of the album is pretty good. If you don't own many albums of the featured artists, then this is a must. However, it must be noted that a few of the tracks on it are the radio-edit versions which nobody really wants to hear.

4.0 out of 5 stars kerrang confusion, 20 Feb 2002
This review is from: Kerrang! - The Album (Audio CD)
ok, where do I start? As a album this is pretty close to being excellent, a wide range of rock genres for the audiance kerrang caters for. From the almost unheard of band 'Cold' playing 'just got wicked' giving music with a soulful meaning, the lyrics showing their personal anguish (the album '13 ways to bleed onstage' v.recommended) to the radio freindly new metal heros such as 'Linkin Park' & 'Limp Bizkit' with the more noticeable slices of nu-metal sound. I could review every track on the album, but I won't! In short this is a good collection of rock singles to find a new band, summin to listen to if you have a wide scope of rock music in your collection or just can't be bothered to change the cd over in the cd tray! I would say don't bother if your really only into one rock genre, and that Kerrang kinda shoot themselfs in the foot by offering just as good sampler cds for free on the front of their magazine from time to time! Otherwise: BUY BUY BUY

3.0 out of 5 stars hmmmmmmmmmmm, 2 July 2001
This review is from: Kerrang! - The Album (Audio CD)
I just saw and heard this song and I just thought I'd warn you Fred Durst compiled this album - Ok that over and done with I dislike Limp Bizkit but for those of you into nu-metal you'll love this Limp Bizkit and Papa ROACH then you'll love this it also has Incubus a very clever band and Cold in the same band as an unheard band called Nirvana it's actually a very good album exact for I already own all the tracks but well woth the money

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing to get too excited about it, 27 Dec 2001
cinammon@spider.com (Nottingham, Ingerland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kerrang! - The Album (Audio CD)
Hmm...what can I say? All right if you like mass-produced pop-rock blandness. The occasional gems (QOTSA, etc.) but on the whole, fairly pance. Get it for your 13 year old Slipknot-fan brother and they'll love you for life

Kerrang! - The Album
Kerrang! - The Album by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2001)