on 30 December 2008
This is the second one of these I have owned.

The first failed probably because the cable got fractured over 2-3 years of regular use including twisting and treading on the cable several times! etc.

The second one is fairing very well after about 12-18 months at a guess.

The sound received at the other end is not first rate but this perhaps helps in cutting out background noise. I suppose for the price this is a happy medium as you can always use the phone without the headset if needed.

For the convenience of mute on conference calls etc. and its comfort level this for the price gets 5 stars.
on 17 October 2009
The headset is comfortable and easy to adjust but the voice pick up is simply inadequate. Conversations while using this had the other party straining to hear my voice. As the design is a solid one piece there are no options for adjusting mic to mouth position or distance. After using for several days I simply had to stop and switch to another product. This one simply wasn't good enough.
33 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 February 2009
Sound quality absolutely acceptable, microphone could be a bit better but still ok. I am using it with my home cordless phone. Volume control very usefull as well as microphone sensivity switch. Would buy again.
on 17 May 2010
Fantastic product - crystal clear sound through the earpiece and no apparent sound degradation through the microphone. I bought this along with the Panasonic KX-TG8423EB triple set and they work perfectly together. My wife has tennis elbow and was moaning that speaking on the phone was hurting her arms. She can now speak to her hearts content whilst making cups of tea etc. The phone bills though have gone through the roof!

Seriously, a nice piece of kit, at a great price and very comfortable.
I bought this headset years ago, and have used it every month or so for very long conference calls. It's vastly better than any of the bluetooth headsets I've ever tried, and, of course, it works on DECT phones which aren't bluetooth compatible anyway. I've used it with two phones -- a bargain Medion DECT phone from Aldi, and our current premium Panasonic DECT phones. I found the mic to be a little quiet even on its maximum setting, and the quality is sometimes a little crackly (or so say the people on the other end of the phone when I ask).

On the other hand, for what it does, this headset is better than the competition, and is extraordinarily good value. The fact that the same model is still on the market after (I think) more than six years is a testimony to its quality and usefulness.
on 28 November 2008
Really impressed with this - had it for nearly a year and it works superbly at home on conference calls with a Polycom phone. Cuts out background noise well, sound is good, comfortable, bargain!
on 4 February 2009
This is an excellent headset - I spend virtually my entire day every day on conference calls and it works a treat. Fits comfortably - the 2.5mm jack fits my DEC phone (obviously)and the sound quality is excellent. This is my second unit and I only replaced the first one after 4 years because I snagged the cord and broke the connector.
on 5 May 2009
I wanted a comfortable hands-free way of speaking on my Panasonic cordless land-line phone and this fits the bill perfectly. It has a choice of two types of ear pieces - a headband type and an over the ear type both of which are comfortable. It has a separate volume control for speaking and for listening, and a mute switch. As an added bonus this product works on my mobile phone as well. I have owned this product for over a month and have been very pleased with it.
on 5 March 2013
I had an important call coming up and wanted to be hands-free so I looked at this and a Panasonic headset. This headset is for those phones that have a special 2.5mm socket which allows both the earpiece and microphone to be connected using one plug. Typically this works with wireless domestic phones such as DECT phones. I have used this just for UK calls so no international experience yet and I use it at home so background noise levels are low. From my experience so far then this headset has the following positives:

o Comfortable to wear with no excessive pressure – it fits well but then I do not wear it all day. If I can put it like this; I can wear any of my telephone headset/earphone combinations for about an hour before they get painful while this would reach the same level of discomfort in 3 hours. Another reviewer complained that it was too small and I would guess they are not wearing it correctly as while I have some headphones that need to be on max to fit me these adjust easily.
o There is also a choice of over-the-head and over-the-ear modes of attachment. It is good to have the choice and even to be able to vary between the two to minimise discomfort.
o Good sound quality for the wearer - as good as the phone and then a bit better. I was a bit surprised to be honest.
o Good sound quality for the interlocutor - at least according to what they have said to me. Comments varied from “as good as” to "crisper than" the standard phone microphone (a Siemens Gigaset S810)
o Very good controls – The volume control is essentially useless for me as I have a great volume control on the phone. However the other two controls are excellent. First there is the mute switch. This truly is a switch meaning you know damn well whether it is on or off. Then there is an unexpected little microphone level switch on the back of the 2.5mm plug that you plug into the phone. This sets how loud you sound to the listener. I have set this to high as that is where correspondents have told me it matches the phone’s own levels.

And now the not-so-positives:

o This is loud enough compared with the phone's own microphone and speaker but no louder. If you want to reinforce your audio in either direction this is not the choice for you.
o I think this item looks fine for the occasional domestic use I will give it. I would not expect too much of it in a more active environment. I assume that the more expensive models are more robust - at least I hope so.
o Lousy manual – they try to do it all in pictures and to be frank for me it did not work. I tripped across the little microphone switch but would never have found it from the manual.
o I do not think this has any real effective technology to help with noisy environments and the microphone is positioned well away from the mouth, and to the side, to prevent "popping". If you need isolation in noisy places this is not the unit for you.

I hope some of that is helpful.
on 28 June 2010
I've not got any problems with this, it's got a mute button and volume control on the cord which is handy for conference calls. It can be deployed as shown in the picture with a boom over the head or with a clip-on bit that goes over your ear. Great with a DECT phone - wander round the house handsfree!