5.0 out of 5 stars Loads of fun, 1 July 2003
This review is from: Kuri Kuri Mix (PS2) (Video Game)
I got this game cause I wanted to get my wife interested in enjoying my PS2 with me... Sharing time between the love of your life and your wife/partner can be difficult, if not impossible! Ask me, I know :-)
This is a two-player co-operative game. The screen is "divided" into a left and right side and each player plays in his/her half. You play as 2 whacky rabbit/bunny like creatures. The object of the game is to complete a level in the alotted amount of time by negotiating certain OBSTACLES. This is where the fun comes in cause you have to co-operate to solve the puzzles for e.g. Player 1 needs to pull a lever in order for player 2 to cross the bridge etc. etc. This makes for some very interesting times in front of the console... just imagine how hurt my male ego was when in one level my wife suggested that we change sides since the side I was playing on was very difficult and I was "doing it wrong and too slow..." and that she would be able to do it better. "I BEG YOUR PARDON MADAM!!!!!!" HA HA....
Hours of fun...
MY VERDICT: BUY IT TODAY!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Test your relationship with your friends/families!, 15 Oct 2001
This review is from: Kuri Kuri Mix (PS2) (Video Game)
So far, I've only played this game in the story mode with 2 players (can't imagine doing it solo, it'll take a superhuman) and it is oh so fun! I was a bit skeptical at first about the concept of the game; walking around as a brown rabbit with a pot on your head, or a pink rabbit with an umbrella as a hat? Not a great choice of character, I thought. But once I started playing with my sister, we couldn't stop. The keyword here is: COOPERATION! You have to advance together in this game, you need your partner's help to do so. It's one of the best games I've ever played, and I'm sure my sister would agree to that as well, except for the times when we were shouting instructions at each other, or calling each other names when one of us failed a jump ("Double jump, you stupid $£@*!"). Two thumbs and two big toes up!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's more than a wacky bunny game, 19 Sep 2002
This review is from: Kuri Kuri Mix (PS2) (Video Game)
The first time I viewed Kuri kuri Mix, I sighed. It was another one of those insane games with pointless blobby characters, and a large helpful chicken. I originally bought it, only because it was classed as a Party Game, and I thought I would receive pleasure from it, playing with my friends, where we could safely insult it, without being attacked by any game fanatics.
As soon as I started the game, with the wacky music, and bizarre characters, I realised how wrong I was. The game seemed easy enough, but the art of co-operation seemed an amazing addition. The levels were well made, and challenging, and I greatly appreciated the funny beeping noises, that meant you had won. As I progressed through the game, some levels made me cream with frustration, and it took several hours to pass them, but the pompus feeling, of knowing I was more skilled at the game than my friends led me to victory. Finally, after defeating many challenging bosses, some invloving giant air hockey games, other more like a shoot 'em up, I tried the vs game. As I had unlocked all the levels, and characters, I had endless fun, duking it out with my friends. It was even more fun, to go four player, and take advantage of a second character you could control, and rob blind of their points.
This game gave me hours of enjoyment, and if you do consider getting it, I hope you like it too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Something for all ages !!!, 13 Aug 2001
This review is from: Kuri Kuri Mix (PS2) (Video Game)
I was bought this game as a gift and at 25, I wasn't sure how much excitemnt it would hold for me !! As it turns out, a fun filled game which I would say is for two+ players (controlling both characters at the same time is fiddly). Works on your cooperation with other players and is a scream after a few drinks !!!.....

4.0 out of 5 stars What a novel idea!, 11 May 2001
This review is from: Kuri Kuri Mix (PS2) (Video Game)
This game is brilliant because it is so different to most other games. It is essentially a very cute platform game but with the twist of cooperation. In 2 player story mode both players have to perform various tasks that will help the other player move along and finish the level, which can only be finished when both players reach the end. There is a main story mode and challenge modes - on completion of various stages more characters and levels are unlocked. Overall, this game is surprisingly a lot of fun and very playable!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable game - best with a friend, 12 Sep 2001
This review is from: Kuri Kuri Mix (PS2) (Video Game)
This is a brilliant game; really fun & great for playing with friends. The 1 player mode is quite tricky, as you have to follow both rabbits at once though. Quite different from the usual PS2 fare of fighting & driving games, all in all an interesting challenge.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute and colourful, shame about the enemies..., 16 Feb 2002
This review is from: Kuri Kuri Mix (PS2) (Video Game)
A very cute and colourful platformer. The only problems lie in the awkward, frustrating enemies -- which continue to hit you just as you're struggling to recooperate from their last attack, and also the prescence of superior PS2 platformers on the market, particularly Jak And Daxter. But nonetheless, it's hard to deny that this is novel, backstabbing fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kuri Kuri Mix - User review, 1 Dec 2001
This review is from: Kuri Kuri Mix (PS2) (Video Game)
Excellent two player co-operative game. Not too hard for the beginner & not too easy for experienced players. Lots of fun.

Kuri Kuri Mix (PS2)
Kuri Kuri Mix (PS2) by Empire (PlayStation2)