5.0 out of 5 stars A classic! Not to be missed.
Published on 8 July 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing second time around but hit for my kids.
I had fond memories of this from childhood and after watching a couple of episodes on youtube with my boys I decided to buy the DVD. Sadly, I found the DVD too much and have avoided watching it again...However, my children really love it and are captivated by the characters. I guess it is one for the young. The theme tune is still fab!
Published on 11 Mar 2010 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic! Not to be missed., 8 July 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Complete Jamie and the Magic Torch : Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
"Jamie and the magic torch" surely belongs close to the top of the list of surreal children's television series of the late seventies. From the sleepy, silent moonlit street on which Jamie lives - we are catapulted (via the thundering and catcy who-could-forget-it piano music) into the totally contrasting world of colours and sounds where the adventures take place. Bizarre and often non-sensical plots, peculiar and abstract (yet devilishly inventive) characters, surreal dream-like background music and neverending landscapes with oddly-coloured trees and skies. Pure quality!
The picture on this DVD is shown in the original 4:3 ratio and the image is excellent - within the confines of it being a fairly old series, it proves to be sharp, clear and colourful with very little noise. Sound also is clear and bright.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smashing, 26 Aug 2009
David John Turner (UK) - See all my reviews
Ace - the kids love this kind of retro stuff. It has a different kind of sensitivity to today's hard-and-fast world!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia, 27 Mar 2011
My secret vice, as I approach 40, is to buy up these 60s (before my time) and 70s children's programmes. I began buying for myself as a pure indulgence but found that my young nieces love them too.
Jamie was always a particular favourite of mine and the girls love him too. The argument at the moment is whether to watch Jamie, Chorlton or Bagpuss.
My eldest niece asked me not so long ago why they don't make kids programmes like this any more - no greater accolade I'd say.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insanely surreal, 8 Aug 2000
Perhaps the most bizzare childrens series ever made, this is a non stop ride through a land of incredibly odd characters doing incredibly strange things, yet somehow it all makes sense. Entretaining and funny, anyone who has fond memories of this as a child will not be disapointed. About the only negative thing I can say is that the way that the torch is able to solve every problem takes away any suspense we might have felt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories are made of this!, 25 Sep 2000
By A Customer
This video is just a classic! from the title screen to the strange Floyd type music in between dialouge Why can't stories be told like that these days. In the words of Brian Tureman 'Jamie was Flabbergasted!' Brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars jamie and magic tourch, 1 Feb 2014
timeless classic my middle one loves old cartoons and she loves this one they always say old ones are best

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 22 Sep 2013
A nostalgic present for a friend. Quite amusing for adults. Quick delivery and a good price. Might get the second series at some point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood memories !!!, 17 Mar 2013
I bought this to show my children what we used to watch as children and they love it !!! Bring back all the old shows is what I say great value for money !!

4.0 out of 5 stars nostalgia, 6 Mar 2013
keeps my nephew quiet (lol) and just keeps me asleep but i do like the theme tune just as i remembred

4.0 out of 5 stars jamie and the magic torch, 7 Jan 2013
it was bought as a gift for secret santa and the person loved it so it met everything that was required and it came in time for christmas

The Complete Jamie and the Magic Torch : Series 1 [DVD]
The Complete Jamie and the Magic Torch : Series 1 [DVD] by Jamie and the Magic Torch (DVD - 2001)
9.98