Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 May 2001
From beginning to end this is a great fun album. Geri Halliwell has certainly produced a far more polished and grown up album than schizophonic. There are a variety of different styles used on this album from rock to reggae, but the album is mainly pop which is definatley Geri's best style. The best up beat track on the album is Fells Like Sex (although the word content may be slighty rude for younger listeners), it has a George Michael funky tune and a catchy chorus. The best ballard on the Album is "Circles round the Moon" it is very simple but you wont be able to stop humming it. Geri's has put her heart and soul into this album and you can really tell. It is really great, if you like the Spices Girls first too albums then you will love this, Geri Certanily took the pop with her when she left the Spice Girls.
on 12 May 2001
This is a shining album! Purchase it definetly! GERI HALLIWELL is a talent the brightness, and this album with all their 12 songs in all their glory, soon it is going to prove that! With the covers with ' It's raining men' to the songs of uppeat of the ' Scream if you wanna go faster', ' Shake your bootie cutie ' and ' feels as sex'. My song of the favorite is ' Circles around the moon '! One does not forget to purchase her copy of * Geri Halliwell Scream if you wanna go faster!*
on 16 May 2001
Her first album, Schizophonic proved she could still produce chart-topping pop songs, but Scream If You Wanna Go Faster proves she can really sing. This is not just a pop-filled album, there are soulful ballads like Calling and Circles Round the Moon and a few 'pop-rock' tracks, with even a light reggae style song, Lovey Dovey Stuff. Geri proves that she has a voice, a talent for song-writing and is still a force to be reckoned with. It is evident that more work and more confidence have been put into this album and it's sure to surprise a few critics. A definite must-have album! PS Despite its bizarre title, "Heaven and Hell (being Geri Halliwell)" is one of the stand-out hits on the album!
on 14 May 2001
After my first purchase of this C.D I was surprised to find that all the songs seem to reflect on a more mature Geri. with the names of some of the songs e.g Shake your bootie cuttie I was surprised 2 see that the songs were actually quite good. Although the songs all sound quite lively with some ballads. I think this album is perfect for any1 who needs cheering up or a darn good time!
on 14 May 2001
After Schizophonic (Geri's first album) I didn't think this girl could do it again, but BOY was i wrong. this album is a mix of everything, a song for each occasion. my faves include ; Scream if you wanna go faster, and It's heaven and hell (Being Geri Halliwell). Well Done Geri. BUT IT
on 11 May 2013
Purchased this because I used to have it years ago, I don't have a problem admitting I like Geri Halliwell. anyway great new CD super fast delivery, for a brilliant price, could not want much more could you?
on 4 February 2002
I haven't heard Geri's first album in its entirety, but still think I can safely say that she's improving. (Do you remember any really good songs from Schizophonic? Neither do I).
The songs on her sophomore effort are a little harsh sounding, but I suppose that is the raspy-voiced Ms. Halliwell's style. The title track is catchy and more rock than pop, thus making it original and immediately likeable. She brings her own style to the remake of "It's Raining Men" (which I believe went to number 1?)-personally my favorite track from the album because it's upbeat and great to work-out to. "Calling" succeeds because of its merit as a well-written song and despite the fact that "softer" is not Geri's vocal forte. However, she takes full advantage of her sassy "Girl Power!" persona in "Heaven and Hell (Being Geri Halliwell)," which isn't much melodically but features clever lyrics and helps you to understand her and her take on fame a little more. "Shake Your Bootie Cutie" and "Strength Of A Woman" are peppy and inspirational but not chart-topping material, and the reggae-inspired "Lovey Dovey Stuff" is stylistically (if not lyrically) fresh. Beyond that, the rest of the album is fairly unremarkable. "Don't Call Me Baby" sounds eerily like that song "Stop!" by...who was it...oh yes, the Spice Girls. How coincidental. An attempt at what we in the US call country western in "Circles Round The Moon" fails to break out of orbit and "Love Is The Only Light" is an overly simplistic Faith Hill/Celine Dion wannabe that doesn't shine. Nevertheless, Geri deserves credit for experimenting with different styles...and for leaving off tacky latin-inspired songs such as "Mi Chico Latino" (from Schizophonic). Several of the songs ("Scream...", "Heaven and Hell," "Shake Your Bootie Cutie," "Heaven and Hell...", even "It's Raining Men") are just SO Geri, as is the record jacket's very cute and spirited art direction.
I'm sure Schizophonic sold mainly to 11-year-old Spice Girl fans; this album will probably sell more and to a wider audience, and, given its successful singles and other good tracks, justifiably so.
on 6 May 2001
The followup album to Schizophonic is certainly something that I have been anxiously awaiting for about a year. Having heard half the songs on the album I can say that this album rocks. The guitar in "Scream If You Wanna Go Faster" makes you get into the music. "Shake Your Bootie, Cutie" had me dancing around my living room. "Calling" is (in my opinion) just incredible. The words, the vocals, the background are combined to create a sound that just puts your mind at ease and dream if finding your soulmate. "Circles Round The Moon" reminded me of some of Madonna's sounds, and that song was cute (much like Emma Bunton's songs on A Girl Like Me.) "It's Raining Men" if you haven't heard it, then let me just say that she does a decent job with this rehash. "I Was Made That Way" is the perfect ending to an eclectic album. It's Geri in top form. I highly recommend this album to all Geri fans, Spice fans, and pop lovers.
on 15 September 2001
If "Scream if you wanna go faster" is looked at as a whole, the album shows a woman whom has grown from one image and is in the process of shaping into another. Interesting enough, Geri Halliwell is Stevie Nicks by the way of Kylie Minogue. And like Nicks, Halliwell has the ability to bend and mold her gorgeous harmony vocals to the main vocal track, shining through with such pieces as "Strength of a Woman" and the title track. Along with such ability, the lyrics have gotten a little more cryptic, "Calling" speaks of a woman waiting for her new love with thoughtful poetry, "Circles Round The Moon" simply floats along melodic lines. Her dance-pop songs, however, fall flat. "Shake Your Bootie Cutie" starts out promising, but ends with absolutely no melody, and Halliwell tramples all over the beat. "Feels Like Sex" starts out a little like George Michaels "Faith" and ends up just downright awful. Though it isn't a strong cover, one would have thought Devo's "Whip It" would have made a better choice, "It's Raining Men" isn't as obnoxious as critics have made it out to be; there is something arousing when Halliwell screams out "Hallijuah!" during its chorus, but simply Halliwell just cannot handle the vocal strength that it requires and ends up being hushed by the backing vocalists. While it is an enjoyable record as a whole, it will take a while for Halliwell to develop into her craft, stating in the inner casing how various people have inspired her songwriting, just by mentioning that she has indicated she takes it seriously, but only time will tell.
on 20 May 2001
Now don't get me wrong, I am a BIG Geri Halliwell fan and loved her first album. But this album just isn't very good. Here's what I think of each song.
1. Scream if you wanna go faster: Rubbish! Annoying! Goes right through me. I forgot how it went once it finished. It's like a cheap 60's pop/rock novelty b-side.
2. Shake your booty cutie: Exactly the same as Scream If You Wanna Go Faster. The same style. Basically rubbish.
3. Calling: This is supposed to be the Walk Away of the album but lacks the sincerity it had. It's not very catchy either like Walk Away. It's just not very good. Everyone says Geri sounds great in this song but she doesn't do anything different with her voice here that stands out - just the same basic unstretched limited voice.
4. Feels Like Sex: Sounds the same as track 1 & 2 - rubbish!
5. Circles Round The Moon: Brilliant! No really - this one is sooo good. It's really catchy but it sounds like something else. This should be a single coz it's definately got number 1 potetntial!
6. Love Is The Only Light: This is the only song on the album were Geri sounds as though she's sincere in what she's saying. Not a great song but a nice ballad all the same.
7. Strength Of A Woman: Typical Geri. She's always going on about women being strong and now we're all forced to listen to how much better they are to men in her music - oh goodie!
8. Don't Call Me Baby: This isn't very good either. A 60's sounding thing that Connie Francis sould be singing, not Geri.
9. Lovey Dovey Stuff: Geri attempts R&B - and fails.
10. It's Raining Men: When I first heard this I was disgusted at Geri for killing a classic song with her crappy voice but it's all right now that I've heard it a few times. If you just ignore Geri's voice and enjoy the song it's ok.
11. Heaven And Hell (Being Geri Halliwell): I quite like this one. It's a bit weird but it's refreshing coz it gets away from that mad cheesy 60's thing she's got going on with this album.
12. I Was Made That Way: An average ballad. Nothing grand but at least being an average song it stands out above the rest.
Well as you can see I'm really let down by this album. I rushed out to buy it coz of her great debut but this is just absolute trash. A complete waste of money - apart from Circles Round The Moon which I love.
This album lacks the sincerity and honesty that Scizophonic had. I've listened to this album a few times in the hope that it'd grow on me but I'll have to face the truth that it's just crap!
AND! I don't know how I never realised this before but Geri Halliwell really can't sing.