5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Jimmy Gnecco sound like Jeff Buckley.....
Published on 5 July 2001 by S. Holland

3.0 out of 5 stars Stop comparing to Jeff Buckley
This band is unfortunately nothing like Jeff Buckley if you've been recommended that it is. They're more like a cross between U2 and radiohead. If your an avid Buckley fan you'll find this music bland.
Published on 16 Nov 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Jimmy Gnecco sound like Jeff Buckley....., 5 July 2001
This review is from: Distorted Lullabies (Audio CD)
Well, to be perfectly honest, no he doesn't. Jimmy Gnecco has incredible vocal range and excellent songwriting skills - just like the late, great Jeff, but there the comparison ends. To me (a huge Buckley fan), Gnecco sounds much more like Bono or even Scott Walker in his deeper tones. Believe me, this boy can sing and if you get the chance to catch them live, don't miss it!
In a world of boy bands and quirky indie pop, it's so nice to get a good old fashioned dose of genuine anguish! This is the kind of stuff for staring out of a window on a grey, rainy day to. You know, when it feels GOOD to feel melancholy. The opening track is called Drowning, with a chorus that goes "Maybe today, today we die" and that about sets the scene for the whole CD. IT is totally weird, but for all the tortured lyrics, there is hope in them. My particular favourite is Meet Me In The Tower. He sings "I am like a girl, soft inside" - takes a real man to carry that off with conviction!
I just ADORE this CD and there isn't a track on it that you will want to skip over. On the first play I was a little unsure, but since then I have played it over and over and love it more and more.
My only criticism of Distorted Lullabies is that it is a bit too slickly produced for my taste. I prefer a little more rawness - especially in a first CD. But then again, with a producer on board like Steve Lillywhite, how can I really complain? If this is what Ours can do for a first offering, boy, do we have a treat in store for any further releases!

5.0 out of 5 stars stop comparing to jeff buckey, 9 Aug 2007
Miss S. Gorton "Garbo" (Berkshire) - See all my reviews
seriously.
this is an amazing album and it's annoying that people are like 'but it's not like jeff buckley'. does that matter?
both j.buckley and gnecco have extremely powerful voices, but i think gnecco explores emotions with much more conviction than jeff ever did.
i wish people would stop comparing them though.
jeff really isn't that good when you listen to his father who has an AMAZING voice.

anyway this album is amazing. the best songs are meet me in the tower and dancing alone.

get it. seriously.

5.0 out of 5 stars My review is better than yours!!, 7 Aug 2004
This review is from: Distorted Lullabies (Audio CD)
Contrary to popular belief I thought this band sounded more like Muse than Jeff Buckley. I really liked this album and thought that the songs which stood out most were Dancing Alone and I'm Not a Monster. You must buy this cd, you know you want it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Stop comparing to Jeff Buckley, 16 Nov 2004
By A Customer

Distorted Lullabies
Distorted Lullabies by Ours (Audio CD - 2001)