5.0 out of 5 stars If you like a good fidget, buy this CD!
Published on 24 Dec. 2001 by jerczy

1.0 out of 5 stars Sounds very 1990s
I heard a putumayo world music cd at a friends house which the kids seemed to enjoy and was quite fun to listen to as background music. So I bought a few CDs for my kids but this particular cd sounds very dated (very 1990s) and a bit dull. We also happened to have a couple of the tunes on another cd. This will be heading for the charity shop.
Published 1 month ago by pin cushion

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like a good fidget, buy this CD!, 24 Dec. 2001
This review is from: Putumayo Presents: Arabic Groove (Audio CD)
If you like dance music, buy this CD.If you like Arabic music, buy this CD.If you like Arabic dance music, buy this CD & give it to your best friend.This is one of those collections you just can't keep still to. So if you like a good yodel while driving, peeling your spuds, or simply grooving round the carpet in your underpants, then this is for you.Khaled is exceptional, but the other guys are good too.Best introduction to the current Arabic scene there is.Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool indeed, 12 Feb. 2007
This review is from: Putumayo Presents: Arabic Groove (Audio CD)
If Elissa, a phenominal arabic, singer baited my affection for arabic influenced music, then this album reeled me in. It is an interesting and beautiful compiliation driven by arabic beats and layers of rythmn. I think this album is quite rare, so much of the mass market cafe blah blah is bland and tedious, this album is not. It feels like the real thing. Upbeat contemporary rythmns are supported by traditional beats and excellent arabic vocals that are beautifully put together. Its a cliche i know, but you will fall in love with this cd and it will lift your spirits and you will bounce around when you do the hovvering, or whatever it is that you do.

Listen to it more than once...it took me two or three hearings before i realised just how stunning it is.

If you only buy one arabic cd in your life then get this one, if you buy two, then get this one and Bastanak by Elissa (if you can find it)

be careful tho you will end up becoming hooked and you will then end up buying loads of arabic cds...welcome to my world!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't sit still!, 11 Mar. 2003
I. Horswell (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Putumayo Presents: Arabic Groove (Audio CD)
I bought this album about a year ago and still love it. Its a blend of traditional arabic sound and modern beat which makes it irresistable to gyrate to. Some beautiful vocals and instrumentals but more than anything else just plain sensual (think bedouins tents and women covering all but their eyes with a scarf!).
It makes me want to bellydance just thinking about it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get your groove on., 27 Jun. 2005
Eve (stoke on trent, staffs United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Putumayo Presents: Arabic Groove (Audio CD)
I bought this based on the previous reviews and I'm pleased I did. I bought it primarily for my tribal bellydance practice and just love it. If you are a tribal dancer looking for Arabic sounds with a contemporary feel this CD may be for you. Great rhythms to dance to, sensual vocals from Natacha Atlas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Catchy and uplifting, 2 Feb. 2008
Boof (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Putumayo Presents: Arabic Groove (Audio CD)
I bought this CD some years ago after it was playing as background music in a shop and I had to ask what it was. In the 90's I spent a few years travelling in the middle east and north Africa and this transported me straight back there and I fell in love with the sound all over again.

This really is one of the best CD's I own and I can listen to it over and over again; it's so upbeat and vibrant. It's a collection of contemporary artists from Morocco to Egypt (and most places inbetween) and is such a tonic to listen to. It's fresh, catchy and (at the risk of sounding old) the title Arabic Groove is really apt as it really is groovy!

I just love it! Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really enjoyable listen, 11 Feb. 2008
This review is from: Putumayo Presents: Arabic Groove (Audio CD)
This is a great album, ideal for listening to in your bedroom before going out, or bopping along to in the car.
I'm addicted to it at the moment and have been for a few months now. Great arabic sounding music with a modern slant. Very enjoyable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sounds very 1990s, 8 April 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Arabic Groove CD, 5 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Putumayo Presents: Arabic Groove (Audio CD)
Dealing with Amazon is great - no problems with delivery or ordering whatsoever. This CD is great and I will definitely be purchasing some of the others in this range of Groove music. I checked them all out and you can even buy bundles. This one helps your belly dancing skills no end.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this music., 20 July 2013
This review is from: Putumayo Presents: Arabic Groove (Audio CD)
I heard this music in a bar in Spain and asked the barman what is was. When I arrived home I sent away for it. It's been in the CD player in my van ever since. I don't understand the words, but I love the beat of the music. It reminds me of my holidays! Absolutely great!

3.0 out of 5 stars arabic pop, 3 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Putumayo Presents: Arabic Groove (Audio CD)
bit dissappointing at first but it does grow on you ! A bit popy at times. Ok in car or background music. Not worth the money, £5 would be enough for this compliation.

Putumayo Presents: Arabic Groove
Putumayo Presents: Arabic Groove by Putumayo Presents (Audio CD - 2001)