5.0 out of 5 stars One of the great albums of the decade, 1 Sep 2009
This review is from: RISING TIDE (Audio CD)
How many albums do you love every single track on? How many albums can you still play all day long after all these years? Very few indeed, I suspect. For me this is one of those few. This was my introduction to the band and in my opinion it's SDRE's best album, and criminally overlooked. I took a chance on it second hand, gave it a quick listen then forgot about it for 6 months. Digging it one day I was hooked and have been ever since. It's a grower.

Tracks like 'Days were Golden' and '100 Million' from their previous album 'How It Feels to Be Something On' hinted at the direction they would take here. Although most of the tracks are driving, almost stadium indie-rock with a twist, there are two beautiful ballads too; 'Rain Song' and 'Tearing in My Heart'.

Haunting vocals, beautiful melody lines (both sung and played), waves of gorgeous guitars and a powerful ryhthm section make this a compelling album that I keep coming back to. In my all time top ten.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sunny day This must be fake estate!, 3 Feb 2001
brill@callnetuk.com (Porthcawl , South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RISING TIDE (Audio CD)
Yet another awesome Album from the seatle based band.From the first set of lyrics you can tell this is going to be a heart felt masterpiece "Welcome to the lonesome world of abel, where every bodies knife is set to slay you" well trust me when I say this, this record is set to slay you with such classics as the ocean and tearing in my heart. Buy it

5.0 out of 5 stars It only gets better, 19 Aug 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Rising Tide [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Everyone who liked How it feels to.... should listen to this record. The songs are with the same intensity, but now more powerfull. Listen to Television or The Ocean, and you know what I'm talking about. This is a Have to have for all the Sunny Day Real Estate fans.

The Rising Tide
The Rising Tide by Sunny Day Real Estate (Audio CD - 2001)