Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 November 2012
This album is great if it's your first disco compilation as it has pretty much all your regulars here like Chic, Donna Summer, Candi Staton, Boney M, etc.....

However if, like me, you have a majority of these tracks on other complilations then it is still worth a look as there are a few tracks that dont normally feature like The Brothers Johnson with 'Stomp' and Thelma Houstons 'Dont leave me this way'.

I would, though, recommend the sequel 'Disco Fever 2' as i feel this was compiled by someone with more imagination of disco music and has some cracking tracks too.
VINE VOICEon 2 September 2008
It is time to stop reading the daily diet of depressing news and get up and boogy as, after all, dancing is the best exercise in the whole wide world. If you need an incentive or soundtrack you could do no worse than buying this wonderful mix of disco hits from Donna Summer ( the whole of I Feel Love!!) through Van McCoy's The Hustle, the most addictive and irritating dance tune of all time to the wondrous finale of Gloria Gaynor's Never Can Say Goodbye. You dont have to be gay to love this lot ~ just alive
on 4 August 2001
As a DJ. I can recommend this album as a floor filer for any gig. Most of the songs I only have on Vinyl or scattered over a load of other albums, it's great that at last all the best disco is on the same disc.It's going to make my job a lot better
on 30 April 2005
I was born in 1986 and after hearing a few of the genre-defining tracks from the Disco era I was really interested in hearing more from the time and genre. I purchased Disco Fever Vol.1 because it had a wide selection of tracks and looked to be decent value for money, and the album didn't dissapoint. There are so many fantastic tracks on here that it was hard for me not to fall in love with Disco music! The artists included are varied (not just back to back Sister Sledge or Chic for example, like some other compilations) and the tracks included provide a comprehensive portfolio of Disco music, from it's humble beginnings to it's worldwide strong hold on the industry and finally to it's final classics. A very strong compilation that's the best I've seen for this genre. If you're looking to learn more about Disco and listen to some of it's biggest hits - look no further. If you're looking to remember Disco's finest moments - look no further. Hell, if you need a soundtrack for a party - look no further.
on 10 September 2001
What a cool CD. It just brought a smile to my face as soon as it started. Some excellent tracks and there aren't any that are put on there just to use up a bit of space! I was looking for a good all-round Disco album and it really lives up to my expectations!
on 17 September 2009
If you love the 70's music, you'll love this album. I bought it for a 70's themed birthday party and even my kids love listening to it. All the great disco hits, I dare anybody to play it and not get up and start dancing and singing. It's already on loan to a friend.
on 21 September 2009
All the classics - it has me dancing and singing every time (not so good when I'm driving!). If you ever sat on a sticky disco floor rowing away to OOps Upside your head then this is the compliation for you. Highly recommended.
on 2 April 2009
All present and correct, 40 disco gems such as "Boogie Wonderland", "Disco Inferno", "I Will Survive", "Carwash", "We Are Family" etc. ... tunes so well-loved that you'll no doubt recognise them from their titles alone. The only oddity here is "It's Raining Men" by The Weather Girls, which, dating from 1982, places it well after the disco era. This collection, together with the follow up volume two, contain all the top class disco you'll probably ever need. Glorious.
on 2 June 2001
From beginnig to end, Disco Fever is back to back classics. Whether it's camp classics (YMCA, It's Raining Men) or era defining tunes (Blame it on the Boogie, Boogie Nights) you're after, this album has the lot. If you're looking for joyful retro beats you can't go far wrong. Get yourself a copy of Disco Fever and ABBA Gold and your in 70's heaven!
on 11 June 2013
loved this cd loved remembering all the good disco sounds of the 70s great to sing along to .some good music around still but cant beat the old stuff cd has good sound top 70s hits and arrived quickly im very pleased.