5.0 out of 5 stars Forget everything you heard about Ike Turner and get this CD, 14 Nov. 2001
This review is from: Here and Now (Audio CD)
The Follow up to his 1997 album "My Bluescountry", this is the first Ike Turner album to be released on both sides of the Atlantic in 20 years.
Forget everything you heard about him. I think the man has paid his debts by being an outcast in the world of music.
It's good to see that Ike Turner got his act together and is back with a killer album. "My bluescountry" was only released in the UK and did not get any promotion. Ike released another album called "Without love, I have nothing" on his own C-Ya label but also that album did nothing.
With "Here and Now" he seems to be finally getting some attention and the album is positively received by many critics.
The album contains both new cuts as remakes of old songs. His 1958 classic "Rocket 88" is given here a millenium treatment and this album shows that Ike Turner is a master at his piano. Especially the instrumental tracks on this album are outstanding. Hope to hear more from Ike in the near future !

4.0 out of 5 stars One for the Collection, 12 Mar. 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Here & Now (Audio CD)
I heard Ike promoting this CD on the Jonny Walker program, with excepts of Rocket 88. It just stuck with me. Finally got hold of a copy through Amason. Fully worth it, Ike is much underated, it's great Rock and Roll. It's absolutly great for driving music on the motorway. Some of the tracks are a bit the same, not every one a classic. But it stays in my car is always in the top 5 rotation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better effort, 22 May 2013
Steven Reid (aberdeen. Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Here & Now (Audio CD)
I think this cd is better than risin` with the blues , just seems better produced and a bit more polished, I would certainly recommend
this one

5.0 out of 5 stars Music that Uplifts any dull day., 12 April 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Here and Now (Audio CD)
I became interested in Ike after his interview with Johnny Walker on Radio 2 earlier this year (2002). A preview of his tracks on Johnny's programme gave a hint of the fantastic vocal and musical ablilities of Ike. Here and Now is installed in my car (where I spend many hours driving up and down the M1)and when things start getting dull and I need to lift my mood this hits the spot. His vocal style is a cross between BB King, The Great Satchamo and John Lee Hooker. The music itself is brilliant. I am a relative new commer to Jazz and as such would recommend this album to folk like myself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 1 Sept. 2014
Shazzam "lecomteuk" (Tonbridge, Kent England) - See all my reviews
Great music

Here & Now
Here & Now by Ike Turner (Audio CD - 2001)